Drake was robbed at gunpoint in his hometown of Toronto in May 2009 — and, he tells GQ he thinks the robbery was an inside job. (The interview is not online, but MTV has summarized it.) "I knew it was a setup, because I had on a sweater and a jacket. But when they banged on the car window with a gun and opened the door, the first thing he said was, 'Yo, run that chain,'" Drake, who had been on a date, says. "They didn't rob [my date], and her purse was sitting right there. So I was like, 'OK, yup — you set the whole thing up." The rapper lost around $4,000 and a new chain that Lil Wayne had given him.
Drake Claims Armed Robbery Was a Setup
Rapper lost $4,000 and gift from Lil Wayne in 2009
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast2015's Most Anticipated Movies
MicThe Best Album of the Year — You Won’t Hear at the Grammys
MicRihanna Just Dropped a New Track With Kanye West
Men's Journal5 Benefits of Dating the Old-Fashioned Way
The Daily BeastAre These the Future Oscar Winners?
- Tom DeLonge Leaves Blink-182
- Sam Smith on Tom Petty Settlement: 'Similarities' But 'Complete Coincidence'
- WWE 'Royal Rumble' Recap: The Philadelphia Phuck You
- 'American Sniper' Is Almost Too Dumb to Criticize
- Hear Dave Grohl's 'Favorite New Drummer' on Sumac's Raging 'Blight's End Angel'
- Michael Moore Responds to 'Haters' After 'American Sniper' Uproar
- James Franco Talks 'Resentment,' 'Weird Expectations' for 'The Interview'
- Sundance 2015: Intimate 'Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck' Doc Stuns at Premiere