Drake was robbed at gunpoint in his hometown of Toronto in May 2009 — and, he tells GQ he thinks the robbery was an inside job. (The interview is not online, but MTV has summarized it.) "I knew it was a setup, because I had on a sweater and a jacket. But when they banged on the car window with a gun and opened the door, the first thing he said was, 'Yo, run that chain,'" Drake, who had been on a date, says. "They didn't rob [my date], and her purse was sitting right there. So I was like, 'OK, yup — you set the whole thing up." The rapper lost around $4,000 and a new chain that Lil Wayne had given him.
Drake Claims Armed Robbery Was a Setup
Rapper lost $4,000 and gift from Lil Wayne in 2009
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
The Daily BeastThe Hottest Movies at the 2015 Sundance Film Festival
MicWhy The Grammys Will Never Represent Real Music
MicThe Best Hip-Hop of 2014 Came From A Very Unlikely Place
Men's Journal10 Health Benefits of Being in a Relationship
The Daily Beast‘American Sniper’ Divides Hollywood
- Paul McCartney, Kanye West, Rihanna Team Up for 'FourFiveSeconds'
- 'American Sniper' Is Almost Too Dumb to Criticize
- Watch Korn and Slipknot Cover Beastie Boys' 'Sabotage' in London
- Ryan Adams and Mandy Moore 'Mutually Decided to End Their Marriage'
- Xmas or Bust: The Untold Story of 'National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation'
- Tangerine Dream Founder Edgar Froese Dead at 70
- Flashback: Neil Young Covers 'Sweet Home Alabama' in 1977
- Cicada: Solving the Web's Deepest Mystery