Drake was robbed at gunpoint in his hometown of Toronto in May 2009 — and, he tells GQ he thinks the robbery was an inside job. (The interview is not online, but MTV has summarized it.) "I knew it was a setup, because I had on a sweater and a jacket. But when they banged on the car window with a gun and opened the door, the first thing he said was, 'Yo, run that chain,'" Drake, who had been on a date, says. "They didn't rob [my date], and her purse was sitting right there. So I was like, 'OK, yup — you set the whole thing up." The rapper lost around $4,000 and a new chain that Lil Wayne had given him.
Drake Claims Armed Robbery Was a Setup
Rapper lost $4,000 and gift from Lil Wayne in 2009
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
AskMenThe Top 99 Outstanding Women of 2015
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most ‘Elite’ Sex Party
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
Salon5 Mysteries We Hope the “X-Files” Reboot Will Resolve
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On April 1
- The Children of ISIS
- Sara Evans Blasts Fox's 'Last Man on Earth': 'I Was Thoroughly Disgusted'
- Rihanna Asserts Her Dominance on New Song 'Bitch Better Have My Money'
- Roger Daltrey: 'I Want Us to Stop at the Top of Our Game'
- Dr. Dre Talks N.W.A Biopic, Eazy-E's Death, Eminem and Making New Music
- One Direction Members Respond to Zayn Malik's Exit
- Flashback: The Unedited 'Boats 'N Hoes' Video From 'Step Brothers'
- Andy Summers on the Police: 'We Were the Most Desirable Men in the World'