Dr. Dre's Detox could be out as soon as this November or December, the rapper/producer told USA Today. Dre's protégé Snoop Dogg recently said the album was completed, and now the Doctor is confirming the report. "I'm just now — over the last couple of months — starting to feel that it's going to be right and it's something I can be proud of, and everybody is going to love it," Dr. Dre said. "In a perfect world, I'm shooting for a November or December release." It's been nine years since Dre's second proper solo album 2001. The album will reportedly feature a new crew of musicians, as well as beats via live drums. "We have an entirely new thing going with the drums that's incredible, and we're still developing that," Dre said. Lil Wayne, Jay-Z and Nas are all expected to make guest appearances. Detox may be Dre's swan song, however, as the producer said "I'm going to put this record out, promote it, tour and then become a hermit. I'm going to stay in the studio and produce."
Dr. Dre Confirms "Detox" Nearly Done, Could Come Later This Year
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Stephen King on 'Dark Tower' Movie: 'It's Likely to Happen'
- Max Weinberg on 'River' Tour, What He Learned From Bruce Springsteen
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- Hear David Crosby's Tender New Ballad With Snarky Puppy
- Slay Anything: Is Beyonce Beyond Criticism?
- How Metallica's Kirk Hammett Is Redefining the Sound of Guitar
- 40 Greatest TV Villains of All Time