Dr. Dre's Detox could be out as soon as this November or December, the rapper/producer told USA Today. Dre's protégé Snoop Dogg recently said the album was completed, and now the Doctor is confirming the report. "I'm just now — over the last couple of months — starting to feel that it's going to be right and it's something I can be proud of, and everybody is going to love it," Dr. Dre said. "In a perfect world, I'm shooting for a November or December release." It's been nine years since Dre's second proper solo album 2001. The album will reportedly feature a new crew of musicians, as well as beats via live drums. "We have an entirely new thing going with the drums that's incredible, and we're still developing that," Dre said. Lil Wayne, Jay-Z and Nas are all expected to make guest appearances. Detox may be Dre's swan song, however, as the producer said "I'm going to put this record out, promote it, tour and then become a hermit. I'm going to stay in the studio and produce."
Dr. Dre Confirms "Detox" Nearly Done, Could Come Later This Year
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
AskMenThe Top 99 Outstanding Women of 2015
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most ‘Elite’ Sex Party
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
Salon5 Mysteries We Hope the “X-Files” Reboot Will Resolve
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On April 1
- The Children of ISIS
- Rihanna Asserts Her Dominance on New Song 'Bitch Better Have My Money'
- Roger Daltrey: 'I Want Us to Stop at the Top of Our Game'
- Dr. Dre Talks N.W.A Biopic, Eazy-E's Death, Eminem and Making New Music
- Sara Evans Blasts Fox's 'Last Man on Earth': 'I Was Thoroughly Disgusted'
- Why Fewer People Want Their MTV
- Flashback: The Unedited 'Boats 'N Hoes' Video From 'Step Brothers'
- Andy Summers on the Police: 'We Were the Most Desirable Men in the World'