Dr. Dre's Detox could be out as soon as this November or December, the rapper/producer told USA Today. Dre's protégé Snoop Dogg recently said the album was completed, and now the Doctor is confirming the report. "I'm just now — over the last couple of months — starting to feel that it's going to be right and it's something I can be proud of, and everybody is going to love it," Dr. Dre said. "In a perfect world, I'm shooting for a November or December release." It's been nine years since Dre's second proper solo album 2001. The album will reportedly feature a new crew of musicians, as well as beats via live drums. "We have an entirely new thing going with the drums that's incredible, and we're still developing that," Dre said. Lil Wayne, Jay-Z and Nas are all expected to make guest appearances. Detox may be Dre's swan song, however, as the producer said "I'm going to put this record out, promote it, tour and then become a hermit. I'm going to stay in the studio and produce."
Dr. Dre Confirms "Detox" Nearly Done, Could Come Later This Year
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
Guitar WorldThe 10 Best Traits of an Awesome Band Member
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss7 Movies That Sent People Running Out of Theaters
Salon11 Artists Who Are Still Great After Four Decades
TestTubeHow Long Should Sex Last?
- Inside the Koch Brothers' Toxic Empire
- Sammy Hagar: 'If I Joined Van Halen Right Now, I'd Feel Like a Hypocrite'
- Keith Richards on Getting Busted, Zeppelin and Stones’ Future
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Amy Schumer on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- 10 Songs You Didn't Know Were About Drugs
- Brian May Talks Queen's 1975 Concert Film, Performing 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Live
- Donald Trump Just Stopped Being Funny