Donna Summer, who died today from cancer at the age of 63, was more than one of the disco era's most successful artists. She earned a string of hits throughout the Seventies and Eighties with her innovative songwriting and powerful, sensual voice that has influenced dance music for decades. From the rough-and-tumble of "Bad Girls" to the triumphant anthem (and wedding favorite) "Last Dance," and many moving ballads in between, Summer helped define the magic of the dance floor all over the world. Here is a playlist of 16 of our favorite musical moments from the Queen of Disco.
Donna Summer's Best Songs
Listen to our playlist of the disco queen's greatest dance hits and ballads
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Guitar WorldThe 25 Greatest Acoustic Songs In Hard Rock
Mental Floss10 Artists Who Hated Their Biggest Hit
MTV News6 Bands Named After Vaginas
Vibe#DumpTrump: 20 Celebrities Who Have Spoken Out Against Donald Trump
Salon10 Songs With Hidden Drug References
VultureThe 30 Most Important Sex Scenes in Movie History
- Dead & Company on Summer Tour: 'You Couldn't Turn Your Back on This Music'
- See 'Game of Thrones' Star Emilia Clarke Sing 'Mmmbop' in Dothraki
- Watch 'Game of Thrones' Creators 'Apologize' for Hodor
- Hillary Clinton's New Anti-Trump Ad Misses the Mark
- Watch Blake Shelton Eat Sushi for the First Time on 'Fallon'
- 100 Greatest Bob Dylan Songs
- Stephen King, Cheryl Strayed Sign Open Letter Condemning Donald Trump
- 11 Best Things We Saw at Dylan Fest