Steve Winwood had already had hits with the Spencer Davis Group and with Traffic's first album, but this title track from the group's follow-up is a career highlight, even though it wasn't even released as a single. The idea for the song first came about about when drummer Jim Capaldi was sketching out ideas for an album cover for the first album that had a Stature of Liberty-like figure and a short poem he composed, but he lost interest. The band found the poem and took over from there. "Jim flaked out and Chris [Wood] and I stayed up all night and we got the thing together," Steve Winwood said.
Dear Mr. Fantasy
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
Cracked22 Movies That Made Huge Mistakes You Completely Missed
Salon9 Actors Who Have Done Full-Frontal Nude Scenes
Cracked23 Bizarre Demands Celebrities Have Made Behind The Scenes
Mental Floss10 People Banned from SNL
- Inside Julian Casablancas' Post-Apocalyptic New Video 'Human Sadness'
- Why Baltimore Blew Up
- Florence Welch on Stripping Down at Coachella and Fooling Neil Young
- Watch U2 Perform 'Sweetest Thing' With Bono Impersonator
- My Favorite Grateful Dead Song: Dave Matthews, Black Keys and More
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Legal Dispute Over B.B. King's Last Days Gets Uglier
- Watch Tense Trailer for Sci-Fi Series 'Mr. Robot'