Metallica, Jackson Browne, Billy Corgan, Black Francis and Snow Patrol's Gary Lightbody will all cover Kinks classics with Ray Davies on See My Friends, a disc of collaborations due out November 1st. Bruce Springsteen (who teams with Davies on "Better Days") and Jon Bon Jovi have already been announced as guests. The late Alex Chilton, who recorded the Kinks' "'Til the End of the Day" with Davies for Big Star's Third/Sister Lovers, gave Davies the inspiration for the new album. "This project came about almost by accident," Davies writes on the See My Friends site. "With some tracks I had to appreciate the style of the other artists, otherwise it would have sounded unbalanced. And I wanted the album to work as an entire listening experience, but each track had a life of its own."
Listen to a 30-second preview of "You Really Got Me" at the See My Friends site, and check out the full track list below.
See My Friends
1. Bruce Springsteen - "Better Things"
2. Jon Bon Jovi & Richie Sambora - "Celluloid Heroes"
3. Mumford & Sons - "Days/This Time Tomorrow"
4. Lucinda Williams & The 88 - "Long Way From Home"
5. Metallica - "You Really Got Me"
6. Paloma Faith - "Lola"
7. Jackson Browne - "Waterloo Sunset"
8. Alex Chilton & The 88 - "'Til the End of the Day"
9. Amy Macdonald - "Dead End Street"
10. Spoon - "See My Friends"
11. Black Francis - "This Is Where I Belong"
12. The 88 - "David Watts"
13. Gary Lightbody - "Tired of Waiting"
14. Billy Corgan - "All Day and All of the Night/Destroyer"
To read the new issue of Rolling Stone online, plus the entire RS archive: Click Here
Picks From Around the Web
blog comments powered by Disqus