LeRoi Moore, saxophonist and founding member of the Dave Matthews Band, died suddenly in Los Angeles Tuesday afternoon after suffering complications from an ATV accident in June. Moore was 46. The June 30th accident on Moore's farm in Charlottesville, Virginia, left him with broken ribs and a punctured lung. Moore was on the path to recovery, arriving in Los Angeles for an intensive physical rehabilitation program, but according to the DMB Website, he returned to the hospital last month due to complications. A representative for Dave Matthews Band confirmed Moore's passing and in a statement the band indicated the musician died at Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center. Since Moore's accident, DMB has continued on with their U.S. tour with Bela Fleck and the Flecktones' saxophonist Jeff Coffin filling in. Despite Moore's death, the band still performed Tuesday night at Los Angeles' Staples Center, which featured a setlist that contained a number of tributes to their fallen bandmate.
Dave Matthews Band Saxophonist LeRoi Moore Dead at 46
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Diffuser15 Disturbing Songs People Love
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Mental FlossWhere Are 10 Key Players in The O.J. Simpson Trial Now?
SpinThe 101 Best Kanye West-Produced Songs That Don’t Feature Kanye
TestTubeHow Much Sex Should You Be Having?
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- The Koch Brothers' Dirty War on Solar Power
- 'Silence of the Lambs' at 25: The Complete Buffalo Bill Story
- 35 WTF Moments From the Craziest GOP Debate Yet
- Republican Hopefuls Utterly Implode in Most Entertaining Debate Yet
- 10 Things That Piss Off Tom Petty
- 'Blame Chance': Kanye West Explains 'Life of Pablo' Album Delay
- Melissa McCarthy on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See