LeRoi Moore, saxophonist and founding member of the Dave Matthews Band, died suddenly in Los Angeles Tuesday afternoon after suffering complications from an ATV accident in June. Moore was 46. The June 30th accident on Moore's farm in Charlottesville, Virginia, left him with broken ribs and a punctured lung. Moore was on the path to recovery, arriving in Los Angeles for an intensive physical rehabilitation program, but according to the DMB Website, he returned to the hospital last month due to complications. A representative for Dave Matthews Band confirmed Moore's passing and in a statement the band indicated the musician died at Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center. Since Moore's accident, DMB has continued on with their U.S. tour with Bela Fleck and the Flecktones' saxophonist Jeff Coffin filling in. Despite Moore's death, the band still performed Tuesday night at Los Angeles' Staples Center, which featured a setlist that contained a number of tributes to their fallen bandmate.
Dave Matthews Band Saxophonist LeRoi Moore Dead at 46
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
- The Endless Fall of Suge Knight
- Grateful Dead End 50-Year Career With Moving, Magnificent Final Show
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Andy Samberg on '7 Days in Hell,' Mockumentaries and Threeways
- Marshawn Lynch's Biopic Will Never Released, Because It's 'Terrible'
- Watch U2 Perform 'Desire' With Local Tribute Act
- Watch Dave Grohl Cover Neil Young With Pearl Jam, Blind Melon Members