It's been a week since the tragic earthquake struck Haiti, and as the full scope of the tiny nation's devastation continues to be revealed, musicians are ramping up efforts to bring relief and comfort to the disaster's survivors. Here's a rundown of the most recently announced benefit concerts, albums and fund-raising efforts:
• Dave Matthews Band, Slash, Lupe Fiasco, Peter Gabriel and more artists will contribute unreleased music to the Download to Donate to Haiti compilation, sponsored by Music For Relief, a charitable group founded Linkin Park, who are offering up their own unreleased track "Not Alone." Borrowing from Radiohead's In Rainbows model, fans can download the music for free, but 100 of all donations will benefit Haiti.
• George Clooney, Anderson Cooper and Wyclef Jean will co-host MTV's "Hope For Haiti" special on Friday, January 22nd. The special will feature performances by Justin Timberlake, Bono, Alicia Keys, Christina Aguilera, Sting and many more. The special will broadcast simultaneously and commercial-free on ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, CNN, HBO, MTV, VH1 and more channels. Proceeds from the special will benefit Red Cross, UNICEF, Partners in Health, Wyclef's Yele Haiti and Oxfam America.
• In New York City, Patti Smith, the Swell Season, Rosanna Cash, Yo La Tengo and Vernon Reid & Corey Glover of Living Colour will perform during a four-night run of charity concerts at City Winery, with all proceeds from the show going to Doctors Without Borders and Partners in Health. Felix Augustin, Haitiâ€™s Consul General, will also be on hand for the concerts, which run from January 20th to 25th. More info at the City Winery site.
• James Taylor has announced he'll play two benefit concerts for Haiti at the Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center in Great Barrington, Massachusetts, this Friday, January 22nd and Saturday, January 23rd.
• On January 24th, Lady Gaga will donate 100 percent of all money from merchandise purchased on her official Website to Haiti relief. "Little monsters attending the Monsterball on the 24th: all ticket + and merch/cd profit will be donated. Save your money. Help save a life," Gaga writes.
• Simon Cowell has recruited Leona Lewis, Rod Stewart and Michael Buble to record a cover version of R.E.M.'s "Everybody Hurts," the BBC reports. All proceeds from the upcoming single will benefit Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC) and the Helping Haiti campaign. Additionally, R.E.M. have waived their royalties for the cover so that the money goes to Haiti.
• Evanescence will give away a free download of their unreleased song "Together Again" to all fans who donate money to Haiti. "I am deeply moved by the tragic loss and devastation in Haiti. We hope to be able to make a positive contribution to the UN's emergency response by teaming with the UN Foundation through our music," Amy Lee said in a statement.
• Paste Magazine has collected songs — many unreleased — from artists including Of Montreal, Ludacris, Cee-Lo Green, Avett Brothers, Hanson and Andrew Bird for their Songs For Haiti charity drive, with donations giving music fans access to Paste's extensive Download Vault. All proceeds benefit Doctors Without Borders, the Red Cross and Wyclef Jean's Yéle Haiti Earthquake Fund.
For more on rockers' efforts in the aftermath of the Haitian earthquake: