Chris Daughtry has joined CNN's League of First Time Voters by contributing a cover of Foreigner's "Feels Like the First Time." The song will help soundtrack special reports throughout CNN's election coverage focusing on first time votes as they navigate the platforms of both Barack Obama and John McCain. "We strongly believe that it doesn't matter who you vote for, as long as you vote," said Daughtry. "Getting to rerecord a classic song like this was a real honor for us, and we hope it helps inspire people to vote." Even Foreigner's Mick Jones is down with the new version, saying "Daughtry's version of the song is very cool and has more than captured the essence of the original." The song also has an election-themed video (above), which premiered last night. Don't worry, Daughtry fans who prefer Fox News: the song will also be available on the Daughtry Deluxe reissue, due out September 9th.
Daughtry and CNN To Lure "First Time" Voters With Foreigner Cover
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- The Koch Brothers' Dirty War on Solar Power
- Watch Kristen Wiig's Awkward Peyton Manning Impersonation on 'Fallon'
- Rick Rubin: My Life in 21 Songs
- Inside the Replacements' Disastrous 'Saturday Night Live' Debut
- The Ten Things That Piss Off Tom Petty
- 'Silence of the Lambs' at 25: 'It Broke All the Rules'
- A Mystery of Three Suicides: Oil City