Chris Daughtry has joined CNN's League of First Time Voters by contributing a cover of Foreigner's "Feels Like the First Time." The song will help soundtrack special reports throughout CNN's election coverage focusing on first time votes as they navigate the platforms of both Barack Obama and John McCain. "We strongly believe that it doesn't matter who you vote for, as long as you vote," said Daughtry. "Getting to rerecord a classic song like this was a real honor for us, and we hope it helps inspire people to vote." Even Foreigner's Mick Jones is down with the new version, saying "Daughtry's version of the song is very cool and has more than captured the essence of the original." The song also has an election-themed video (above), which premiered last night. Don't worry, Daughtry fans who prefer Fox News: the song will also be available on the Daughtry Deluxe reissue, due out September 9th.
Daughtry and CNN To Lure "First Time" Voters With Foreigner Cover
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Alice Cooper on His Dinner With David Bowie and Ray Bradbury
- Coldplay's Chris Martin Gets Personal: Inside the New Issue
- How J.J. Abrams and Hulu Brought Stephen King's '11.22.63' to TV
- Beyonce's Black Southern 'Formation'
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- 25 Musicians 'Feeling the Bern' for Bernie Sanders
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best