Chris Daughtry has joined CNN's League of First Time Voters by contributing a cover of Foreigner's "Feels Like the First Time." The song will help soundtrack special reports throughout CNN's election coverage focusing on first time votes as they navigate the platforms of both Barack Obama and John McCain. "We strongly believe that it doesn't matter who you vote for, as long as you vote," said Daughtry. "Getting to rerecord a classic song like this was a real honor for us, and we hope it helps inspire people to vote." Even Foreigner's Mick Jones is down with the new version, saying "Daughtry's version of the song is very cool and has more than captured the essence of the original." The song also has an election-themed video (above), which premiered last night. Don't worry, Daughtry fans who prefer Fox News: the song will also be available on the Daughtry Deluxe reissue, due out September 9th.
Daughtry and CNN To Lure "First Time" Voters With Foreigner Cover
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- 15 Best Lines From Justin Bieber's Roast
- Bloodied Van Halen Play Wild, Reckless Set on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Rolling Stones Announce Summer Tour, 'Sticky Fingers' Reissue
- 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- 'WWE Raw': Brock Lesnar vs. the World
- Hear Leonard Cohen Cover George Jones' 'Choices' at a Stunning Soundcheck
- 5 Things We Learned From 'Walking Dead''s Season 5 Finale
- 'Daily Show' Hire Trevor Noah Under Fire for Tweets Offending Jews, Women