Chris Daughtry has joined CNN's League of First Time Voters by contributing a cover of Foreigner's "Feels Like the First Time." The song will help soundtrack special reports throughout CNN's election coverage focusing on first time votes as they navigate the platforms of both Barack Obama and John McCain. "We strongly believe that it doesn't matter who you vote for, as long as you vote," said Daughtry. "Getting to rerecord a classic song like this was a real honor for us, and we hope it helps inspire people to vote." Even Foreigner's Mick Jones is down with the new version, saying "Daughtry's version of the song is very cool and has more than captured the essence of the original." The song also has an election-themed video (above), which premiered last night. Don't worry, Daughtry fans who prefer Fox News: the song will also be available on the Daughtry Deluxe reissue, due out September 9th.
Daughtry and CNN To Lure "First Time" Voters With Foreigner Cover
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast2015's Most Anticipated Movies
MicThe Best Album of the Year — You Won’t Hear at the Grammys
MicRihanna Just Dropped a New Track With Kanye West
Men's Journal5 Benefits of Dating the Old-Fashioned Way
The Daily BeastAre These the Future Oscar Winners?
- Blink-182's Hoppus, Barker Blast 'Ungrateful, Disingenuous' Tom DeLonge
- Tom DeLonge Leaves Blink-182
- 'American Sniper' Is Almost Too Dumb to Criticize
- Sam Smith on Tom Petty Settlement: 'Similarities' But 'Complete Coincidence'
- Sundance 2015: Intimate 'Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck' Doc Stuns at Premiere
- James Franco Talks 'Resentment,' 'Weird Expectations' for 'The Interview'
- WWE 'Royal Rumble' Recap: The Philadelphia Phuck You
- Michael Moore Responds to 'Haters' After 'American Sniper' Uproar