Chris Daughtry has joined CNN's League of First Time Voters by contributing a cover of Foreigner's "Feels Like the First Time." The song will help soundtrack special reports throughout CNN's election coverage focusing on first time votes as they navigate the platforms of both Barack Obama and John McCain. "We strongly believe that it doesn't matter who you vote for, as long as you vote," said Daughtry. "Getting to rerecord a classic song like this was a real honor for us, and we hope it helps inspire people to vote." Even Foreigner's Mick Jones is down with the new version, saying "Daughtry's version of the song is very cool and has more than captured the essence of the original." The song also has an election-themed video (above), which premiered last night. Don't worry, Daughtry fans who prefer Fox News: the song will also be available on the Daughtry Deluxe reissue, due out September 9th.
Daughtry and CNN To Lure "First Time" Voters With Foreigner Cover
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mic12 Stunning Pics Offer a Rare View Inside the Lives of Sex Workers
Cracked29 Bizarre True Stories Behind the Most Popular Music Ever
Cinema BlendThe 15 Best Disaster Movies Of All Time
ClickholeThe Greatest Movie Speeches of All Time
Cracked6 Insane Meltdowns by Actors on Set of Their Greatest Movies
MicHere's the Meaning of the Scathing New Pussy Riot Song
- Shania Twain Announces Final Tour
- Hear Violent Femmes' First New Song in 15 Years
- 5 Takeaways From 'House of Cards' Season Three
- Metallica's Lars Ulrich on New Album: 'We Are F--king in It!'
- Watch Conan O'Brien Join Salsa Band During Cuba Visit
- a-ha, "Take on Me"
- Method Man on Secret Wu-Tang Release: 'F--k That Album'
- Travis Barker to Tom DeLonge: 'Just Man Up and Quit' Blink-182