Courtney Love has shared her thoughts on the tragic death of Amy Winehouse with Rolling Stone. "I'm not even going to say, 'Waste of glorious sublime talent,' which I feel," Love said of the 27-year-old singer. "I'm fucking gutted. I tried with her, I tried twice."
Like Winehouse, Love has seen her private life and personal struggles play out in public – most notably the 1994 suicide of her husband, Kurt Cobain, also 27. "We are sensitive, and people around us take advantage of that. It is fucking pain every day and every night."
Clearly shaken by the death of a kindred spirit, Love summed up her feelings simply: "It's so awful."
• Photos: Amy Winehouse Remembered
• Photos: The Tumultuous Life Of Amy Winehouse
• Musicians Respond to Amy Winehouse's Death
• The Diva and her Demons: Rolling Stone's 2007 Amy Winehouse Cover Story
• Up All Night with Amy Winehouse: Rolling Stone's 2008 Story
• Video: Behind the Feature: Claire Hoffman on Interviewing Amy Winehouse
• Photos: Not Fade Away: Amy Winehouse and More Rockers Lost Before Their Time
To read the new issue of Rolling Stone online, plus the entire RS archive: Click Here
POLITICS No Price Big Banks Can't Fix
Picks From Around the Web
blog comments powered by Disqus