Los Angeles coroners have determined that a combination of sleep apnea and cough syrup are responsible for the death of UGK's Pimp C, who was found dead in an L.A. hotel in December. The coroners also ruled that the death was accidental. Sleep apnea is a condition that blocks one's air passages, causing sufferers to briefly stop breathing while sleeping, while the prescription drug in question, Promethazine/Codeine, is a cough syrup combination that often appears in rap song lyrics (including Three 6 Mafia and UGK's own "Sippin' on Some Syrup"). Pimp C was thirty-three.
Coroner: Pimp C Died of Accidental Cough Syrup Overdose, Sleep Apnea
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- 5 Things We Learned From 'Walking Dead''s Season 5 Finale
- Why Hiring Trevor Noah to Host 'The Daily Show' Is a Great Idea
- Why Trevor Noah Is a Great Choice to Host 'The Daily Show'
- Jason Beghe: The TV Tough Guy Who Took on Scientology
- Inside Scientology
- IHeartRadio Music Awards 2015's 10 Best and Worst Moments
- Jay Z, Kanye, Rihanna Throw Support Behind Streaming Service Tidal
- The Children of ISIS