Los Angeles coroners have determined that a combination of sleep apnea and cough syrup are responsible for the death of UGK's Pimp C, who was found dead in an L.A. hotel in December. The coroners also ruled that the death was accidental. Sleep apnea is a condition that blocks one's air passages, causing sufferers to briefly stop breathing while sleeping, while the prescription drug in question, Promethazine/Codeine, is a cough syrup combination that often appears in rap song lyrics (including Three 6 Mafia and UGK's own "Sippin' on Some Syrup"). Pimp C was thirty-three.
Coroner: Pimp C Died of Accidental Cough Syrup Overdose, Sleep Apnea
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
SalonSecrets Of The Female Pickup Artist
Cinema Blend10 Big Things We Learned On The Set Of Amy Schumer's Trainwreck
Salon8 Game of Thrones Stars You Didn’t Know Had Music Careers
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
- Watch Metallica Perform the National Anthem at San Francisco Giants Game
- Give 'Em Hell, Bernie
- Roger Waters Slams Silicon Valley's 'Rogues and Thieves'
- Mayweather Defeats Pacquiao, KOs Pay-Per-View Providers
- Preview the David Letterman Primetime Farewell Special
- See Grateful Dead Jam on 'Sugaree' in 1989 Unreleased Video
- Scarlett Johansson on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- Brandon Flowers on Killers' Future: 'We Need a Kick in the Pants'