Los Angeles coroners have determined that a combination of sleep apnea and cough syrup are responsible for the death of UGK's Pimp C, who was found dead in an L.A. hotel in December. The coroners also ruled that the death was accidental. Sleep apnea is a condition that blocks one's air passages, causing sufferers to briefly stop breathing while sleeping, while the prescription drug in question, Promethazine/Codeine, is a cough syrup combination that often appears in rap song lyrics (including Three 6 Mafia and UGK's own "Sippin' on Some Syrup"). Pimp C was thirty-three.
Coroner: Pimp C Died of Accidental Cough Syrup Overdose, Sleep Apnea
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
SpinThe 50 Best Rock Bands Right Now
Mental FlossWhere Are 10 Key Players in The O.J. Simpson Trial Now?
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
Cracked5 Famous People Who Lost Everything (For Stupid Reasons)
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Rick Rubin: My Life in 21 Songs
- The Koch Brothers' Dirty War on Solar Power
- See New Video for Jeff Buckley's Smiths Cover 'I Know It's Over'
- Watch OK Go Defy Gravity in 'Upside Down & Inside Out' Video
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- Bruce Springsteen's 'The River': Steven Van Zandt Looks Back
- Ace Frehley Announces New LP, 'White Room' Cover, Paul Stanley Reunion