iTunes has revealed its top-selling albums and songs for 2008. While Lil Wayne and Tha Carter 3 will likely finish the year as the Soundscan champ, Coldplay topped iTunes' sales chart as Viva La Vida ranked Number One. Jack Johnson's Sleep Through the Static and the Juno soundtrack rounded out the top three, with TC3 securing the four spot.
Leona Lewis' breakout "Bleeding Love" captured the bestseller prize on the songs chart, coming in ahead of Coldplay's "Viva La Vida." Flo.Rida's "Low" took three, Katy Perry's "I Kissed A Girl" four and Rihanna managed to place two songs in the Top 10 as "Disturbia" ranked five and "Don't Stop the Music" finished 10th. While iTunes remains the top digital music provider, it's evidently still not the go-to place for hip-hop music, with Flo.Rida and Lil Wayne the lone representatives appearing on either charts' Top 10.
iTunes Best Selling Albums of 2008 1. Coldplay, Viva la Vida
2. Jack Johnson, Sleep Through the Static
3. Various Artists, Juno (Music from the Motion Picture)
4. Lil Wayne, Tha Carter III
5. Sara Bareilles, Little Voice
6. Various Artists, Once (Music from the Motion Picture)
7. Jason Mraz, We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things.
8. OneRepublic, Dreaming Out Loud
9. Various Artists, Across the Universe (Music from the Motion Picture)
10. Leona Lewis, Spirit
iTunes Best Selling Songs of 2008 1. "Bleeding Love," Leona Lewis
2. "Viva la Vida," Coldplay
3. "Low (feat. T-Pain)," Flo.Rida
4. "I Kissed a Girl," Katy Perry
5. "Disturbia," Rihanna
6. "Lollipop," Lil Wayne & Static Major
7. "No Air," Jordin Sparks & Chris Brown
8. "Pocketful of Sunshine," Natasha Bedingfield
9. "Love Song," Sara Bareilles
10. "Don't Stop the Music," Rihanna