Coldplay were victorious at this year's World Music Awards in the small country of Monaco, winning both the ceremony's "World's Top-Selling Act" and "Rock Act of the Year" awards. Beyoncé and Kid Rock, who won the "Male Pop" award, performed at the event. Ringo Starr was also on hand to accept the "Diamond Award" on behalf of the Beatles. The Diamond Award is given to those few artists who manage to sell over 100 million albums. Other winners include Lil Wayne for "Top Hip-Hop/Rap Artist," Leona Lewis for the "Best New Artist" and "Female Pop" awards and Amy Winehouse for the "Female Pop/Rock" award. As opposed to other award shows that involve no discernible criteria for victory, the World Music Awards are chosen entirely by worldwide sales figures.
Coldplay, Leona Lewis, Ringo Starr Win Big At World Music Awards
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On March 1
Bleacher ReportTaishan Dong: The Chinese 7-Footer Ready to Dominate the Boxing World
Cinema BlendThe 20 Best Movies on YouTube
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
Men's JournalDo Men Suck at Friendship?
- Scott Walker, God's Gift to the Democratic Party
- President Obama, J.J. Abrams, Zachary Quinto Pay Tribute to Leonard Nimoy
- Watch Jimmy Kimmel Call Out Anti-Vaxxers in Scathing Monologue
- Madonna on Stage Fall: 'It Was a Horrible Nightmare Because I Like to Be Amazing'
- Shania Twain Las Vegas Concert Special to Air on ABC
- The Killer Inside Kid Rock
- Is Kentucky Killing College Basketball?
- Noel Gallagher on Loving 'Seinfeld,' Hating Most Everything Else