Coldplay were victorious at this year's World Music Awards in the small country of Monaco, winning both the ceremony's "World's Top-Selling Act" and "Rock Act of the Year" awards. Beyoncé and Kid Rock, who won the "Male Pop" award, performed at the event. Ringo Starr was also on hand to accept the "Diamond Award" on behalf of the Beatles. The Diamond Award is given to those few artists who manage to sell over 100 million albums. Other winners include Lil Wayne for "Top Hip-Hop/Rap Artist," Leona Lewis for the "Best New Artist" and "Female Pop" awards and Amy Winehouse for the "Female Pop/Rock" award. As opposed to other award shows that involve no discernible criteria for victory, the World Music Awards are chosen entirely by worldwide sales figures.
Coldplay, Leona Lewis, Ringo Starr Win Big At World Music Awards
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
Guitar WorldThe 13 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
Guitar WorldThe 10 Best Stage Names of All Time
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Men's Journal9 Traits That Attract Women
- Watch Bruce Springsteen's Surprise Performance With U2
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- Hear Drake Demolish Meek Mill on 'Back to Back' Freestyle
- Derek Zoolander Can't Grasp Movie Title in Hilarious 'Zoolander 2' Teaser
- Watch Lauryn Hill's Show-Stopping 'Feeling Good' on 'Tonight Show'
- Meek Mill Fires Back at Drake With 'Wanna Know'
- Tom Brady: Sympathy for the Devil
- Watch Paul McCartney Perform 'Get Back' With Alabama Shakes' Brittany Howard