Coldplay were victorious at this year's World Music Awards in the small country of Monaco, winning both the ceremony's "World's Top-Selling Act" and "Rock Act of the Year" awards. Beyoncé and Kid Rock, who won the "Male Pop" award, performed at the event. Ringo Starr was also on hand to accept the "Diamond Award" on behalf of the Beatles. The Diamond Award is given to those few artists who manage to sell over 100 million albums. Other winners include Lil Wayne for "Top Hip-Hop/Rap Artist," Leona Lewis for the "Best New Artist" and "Female Pop" awards and Amy Winehouse for the "Female Pop/Rock" award. As opposed to other award shows that involve no discernible criteria for victory, the World Music Awards are chosen entirely by worldwide sales figures.
Coldplay, Leona Lewis, Ringo Starr Win Big At World Music Awards
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast2015's Most Anticipated Movies
MicThe Best Album of the Year — You Won’t Hear at the Grammys
MicRihanna Just Dropped a New Track With Kanye West
Men's Journal5 Benefits of Dating the Old-Fashioned Way
The Daily BeastAre These the Future Oscar Winners?
- Blink-182's Hoppus, Barker Blast 'Ungrateful, Disingenuous' Tom DeLonge
- 'Fantastic Four' Prepare for Future in New Trailer
- 'American Sniper' Is Almost Too Dumb to Criticize
- Strippers, Rappers and VR Porn: Welcome to Internext
- 5 Ways the WWE Can Rescue Roman Reigns
- How Fall Out Boy Became Jock Jam All-Stars
- Watch Stevie Nicks Perform a Serene, Solo 'Blue Water'
- Lance Armstrong Talks Trash in RATM Offshoot Future User's 'Mountain Lion' Video