Coldplay were victorious at this year's World Music Awards in the small country of Monaco, winning both the ceremony's "World's Top-Selling Act" and "Rock Act of the Year" awards. Beyoncé and Kid Rock, who won the "Male Pop" award, performed at the event. Ringo Starr was also on hand to accept the "Diamond Award" on behalf of the Beatles. The Diamond Award is given to those few artists who manage to sell over 100 million albums. Other winners include Lil Wayne for "Top Hip-Hop/Rap Artist," Leona Lewis for the "Best New Artist" and "Female Pop" awards and Amy Winehouse for the "Female Pop/Rock" award. As opposed to other award shows that involve no discernible criteria for victory, the World Music Awards are chosen entirely by worldwide sales figures.
Coldplay, Leona Lewis, Ringo Starr Win Big At World Music Awards
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best
- Beyonce's Black Southern 'Formation'
- Ranking the Super Bowl 50 Movie Trailers
- Watch Coldplay, Beyonce and Bruno Mars Rock Super Bowl 50 Halftime
- Alice Cooper on His Dinner With David Bowie and Ray Bradbury
- The Vampire Squid Tells Us How to Vote
- Coldplay's Chris Martin Gets Personal: Inside the New Issue