Coldplay were victorious at this year's World Music Awards in the small country of Monaco, winning both the ceremony's "World's Top-Selling Act" and "Rock Act of the Year" awards. Beyoncé and Kid Rock, who won the "Male Pop" award, performed at the event. Ringo Starr was also on hand to accept the "Diamond Award" on behalf of the Beatles. The Diamond Award is given to those few artists who manage to sell over 100 million albums. Other winners include Lil Wayne for "Top Hip-Hop/Rap Artist," Leona Lewis for the "Best New Artist" and "Female Pop" awards and Amy Winehouse for the "Female Pop/Rock" award. As opposed to other award shows that involve no discernible criteria for victory, the World Music Awards are chosen entirely by worldwide sales figures.
Coldplay, Leona Lewis, Ringo Starr Win Big At World Music Awards
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind the Scenes
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
Diffuser27 Rockers Who Died at Age 27
Mental Floss33 Surprising Stories Behind Famous Songs
Screen Rant10 Decisions That Ruined Movies
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale Are Divorcing
- Jon Stewart: Goodbye to the Last Honest Newsman
- 40 Best Things We Saw at Lollapalooza 2015
- Watch Lauryn Hill's Show-Stopping 'Feeling Good' on 'Tonight Show'
- Robbie Maddison on Cheating Death to Make His 'Pipe Dream' a Reality
- Best of Enemies: Jon Stewart's 10 Favorite 'Daily Show' Targets
- Watch Ronda Rousey Knock Out Bethe Correia – In Claymation Form
- Hulk Hogan Fired by WWE Over 'Racial Tirade'