Lil Wayne invaded his most unlikely venue yet yesterday, taking the stage at the Country Music Awards to perform with Kid Rock. Wayne joined Kid Rock on "All Summer Long," as he did at the MTV VMAs, but instead of rapping this time around, Wayne stuck to strumming a guitar. The Eagles were also on hand to perform at the Nashville ceremony, but the band did not win in the Vocal Group category, as Henley and the boys lost to Rascal Flatts. However, Robert Plant won a CMA award as his collaboration with Alison Krauss, Raising Sand, picked up the Musical Event trophy. George Strait was among the biggest winners, picking up three awards including the coveted Album of the Year for Troubadour and Single of the Year for "I Saw God Today." The CMAs were hosted by American Idol winner Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley, who picked up awards for Male Vocalist and Video of the Year. Finally, for the third time in four years, Kenny Chesney won the Entertainer of the Year award.
CMAs Get Lil Wayne & Kid Rock Performance, Robert Plant Win
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On March 1
Bleacher ReportTaishan Dong: The Chinese 7-Footer Ready to Dominate the Boxing World
Cinema Blend12 Sequels That Will Never Happen
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
Bleacher ReportThe Strangest Sports Trades of All Time
- Noel Gallagher on Loving 'Seinfeld,' Hating Most Everything Else
- The Killer Inside Kid Rock
- Hear AWOLNATION's Rapturous New Song 'Windows'
- U2's Last Word on 'Innocence' iTunes Release
- Crude Awakening: How the Keystone Veto Dashes Canada's 'Superpower' Dreams
- Watch Christina Aguilera Imitate Britney Spears, Shakira on ‘Jimmy Fallon’
- Robin Williams' Daughter: 'There’s No Point Questioning' Suicide
- Kanye West: 'Meeting Paul McCartney Was Like Meeting Ralph Lauren'