Ne-Yo's dance-pop hit "Closer" marked a musical departure for the singer-songwriter, who's known for a more soulful sound. The risk paid off. "Closer" topped the charts in the U.K. and was featured in episodes of Gossip Girl and 90210. "It was very much inspired by just the vibe of some of these house and techno clubs we went to while we were in London," Ne-Yo explained. "You know, kinda smoky, kinda dark and mysterious ... With just that constant, four-on-the-floor house beat … I basically tried to capture that energy and put the Ne-Yo spin on it. And 'Closer' was the end result."
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- 15 Best Lines From Justin Bieber's Roast
- Bloodied Van Halen Play Wild, Reckless Set on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Rolling Stones Announce Summer Tour, 'Sticky Fingers' Reissue
- 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- Hear Leonard Cohen Cover George Jones' 'Choices' at a Stunning Soundcheck
- 5 Things We Learned From 'Walking Dead''s Season 5 Finale
- Hear David Duchovny's Moody Alt-Rock From Debut Album
- 'Daily Show' Hire Trevor Noah Under Fire for Tweets Offending Jews, Women