Ne-Yo's dance-pop hit "Closer" marked a musical departure for the singer-songwriter, who's known for a more soulful sound. The risk paid off. "Closer" topped the charts in the U.K. and was featured in episodes of Gossip Girl and 90210. "It was very much inspired by just the vibe of some of these house and techno clubs we went to while we were in London," Ne-Yo explained. "You know, kinda smoky, kinda dark and mysterious ... With just that constant, four-on-the-floor house beat … I basically tried to capture that energy and put the Ne-Yo spin on it. And 'Closer' was the end result."
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
Bleacher ReportWhat It's Like to Be in Mayweather's Entourage
Men's JournalDo Men Suck at Friendship?
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema BlendTop 10 Steamiest Sex Scenes
- Watch Terry Crews Punch Out Mike Tyson on 'Lip Sync Battle'
- Watch Neil deGrasse Tyson, Jon Stewart Debate Superman vs. Batman
- Secrets of 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': Joss Whedon Tells All
- 10 Things We Learned From Johnny Rotten's 'Uncensored' New Memoir
- Navajo Actress Explains Why She Left Adam Sandler 'Ridiculous 6' Set
- Motley Crue on Rock Hall Chances and Why Bands Need Retirement Contracts
- Joan Jett: Built to Rock
- Watch System of a Down's First Ever Armenian Show