1. Ke$ha, "Tik Tok"
She's almost as polarizing as Kanye — people really hate this song, which I take as more proof of its genius. I like to imagine she and Dr. Luke kept listening to playback and going, "Not dumb enough!"
2. Robyn, "Dancing on My Own"
The most perfect of all the perfect songs she gave us in 2010.
3. Die Antwoord, "Enter the Ninja"
4. Kanye West, "Power"
5. The National, "Bloodbuzz Ohio"
6. Les Savy Fav, "Let's Get Out of Here"
Archers of Loaf-style guitar clamor plus raw boy-voices singing, "we got mouths, let's make 'em moan." Overtly horny indie-rock — sort of rare, right?
7. Far East Movement, "Like a G6"
The song puking one stall over from "Tik Tok."
8. Lindstrom & Christabelle, "Lovesick"
9. Spoon, "The Mystery Zone"
10. Gucci Mane, "Lemonade"
To read the new issue of Rolling Stone online, plus the entire RS archive: Click Here
Picks From Around the Web
blog comments powered by Disqus