Snow Patrol had already achieved success in the U.K with their multi-platinum debut, Final Straw, but it was the second single off their follow-up, Eyes Open, that skyrocketed the Irish rockers out of obscurity in America. 'Chasing Cars' got major U.S. radio play and wound up atop the Adult Contemporary charts thanks to frontman Gary Lightbody's heartache-y delivery: "Would you lie with me and just forget the world?" he sincerely croons on the star-eyed chorus. "It's the purest love song that I've ever written," Lightbody told Rolling Stone. "There's no knife-in-the-back twist. When I read these lyrics back, I was like, 'Oh, that's weird.' All the other love songs I've written have a dark edge."
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked24 Horrifying Stories Behind the Scenes of Huge Movies
Cinema BlendThe 20 Best Movies on YouTube
Clickhole5 Absolutely Legendary Celebrity Party Stories
Cracked6 Celebs You Didn't Know Had Ridiculous Music Careers
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
SalonThe Top 10 Oral Sex Movie Scenes
- Scott Walker, God's Gift to the Democratic Party
- President Obama, J.J. Abrams, Zachary Quinto Pay Tribute to Leonard Nimoy
- Watch Jimmy Kimmel Call Out Anti-Vaxxers in Scathing Monologue
- The Killer Inside Kid Rock
- Is Kentucky Killing College Basketball?
- Kanye West Reveals New Album Title 'So Help Me God'
- Madonna on Stage Fall: 'It Was a Horrible Nightmare Because I Like to Be Amazing'
- Noel Gallagher on Loving 'Seinfeld,' Hating Most Everything Else