Snow Patrol had already achieved success in the U.K with their multi-platinum debut, Final Straw, but it was the second single off their follow-up, Eyes Open, that skyrocketed the Irish rockers out of obscurity in America. 'Chasing Cars' got major U.S. radio play and wound up atop the Adult Contemporary charts thanks to frontman Gary Lightbody's heartache-y delivery: "Would you lie with me and just forget the world?" he sincerely croons on the star-eyed chorus. "It's the purest love song that I've ever written," Lightbody told Rolling Stone. "There's no knife-in-the-back twist. When I read these lyrics back, I was like, 'Oh, that's weird.' All the other love songs I've written have a dark edge."
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema Blend15 Incredible Facts You Didn't Know About Back To The Future
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
- Joan Jett Delivers Blistering Rock Hall Set With Dave Grohl, Miley Cyrus
- Being Ringo: A Beatle's All-Starr Life
- Stephen Colbert Admits He Didn't Want to Host 'Daily Show'
- Watch Batman and Superman Clash in New 'Dawn of Justice' Trailer
- The Dukes of Oxy: How a Band of Teen Wrestlers Built a Smuggling Empire
- Foo Fighters Turn Strip Mall Into Stadium for Record Store Day
- Hear Slayer's Eerie New Crusher 'When the Stillness Comes'
- Black Sabbath's Bill Ward: 'I Don't Know If I'm a Member'