It wasn't a third-place finish on Canadian Idol that got this pop singer noticed; rather, it was an unexpected Twitter endorsement from compatriot Justin Bieber. While home for the holidays, Bieber heard Jepsen's sugary track — about hoping for a crush-at-first-sight to call — and tweeted, "Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen is possibly the catchiest song I've ever heard lol." Jepsen told Rolling Stone that "Call Me Maybe," which she co-wrote with two friends, was created with an actual person in mind — maybe more than one. "Oh, there's always a guy – and this case is no different," she said. "The first line was, 'Before you came into my life, I missed you so bad,' which was written for the guy I'm still seeing today, actually."
Call Me Maybe
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked5 Iconic Songs Despised by the People Who Created Them
SalonThe 20 Most Underrated Albums Of All Time
Cracked7 Musicians Whose Trademark Looks Were Hiding Something
Mental Floss15 Famous Songs With Misunderstood Meanings
Cinema Blend20 Misconceptions About Sex
- Watch Coldplay Adapt 'Game of Thrones' Into Ridiculous Musical
- Letterman Fan Details Every Frame in Final Show Montage
- Dave Matthews on Summer Tour: 'We're Trying Not to Suck'
- Hear Drake and Beyonce Ask 'Can I' on Leaked Song
- 6 Craziest Things We Saw Inside 'Red Nose Day'
- Taylor Swift Breaks Down Banjo-Free 1989 Tour: 'It's Not a Country Show'
- Thanks Dave: The Genius of Letterman's 'Late Show' Goodbye
- Inside U2's 'Innocence' Spectacle: A Backstage Q&A With Bono and Edge