It wasn't a third-place finish on Canadian Idol that got this pop singer noticed; rather, it was an unexpected Twitter endorsement from compatriot Justin Bieber. While home for the holidays, Bieber heard Jepsen's sugary track — about hoping for a crush-at-first-sight to call — and tweeted, "Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen is possibly the catchiest song I've ever heard lol." Jepsen told Rolling Stone that "Call Me Maybe," which she co-wrote with two friends, was created with an actual person in mind — maybe more than one. "Oh, there's always a guy – and this case is no different," she said. "The first line was, 'Before you came into my life, I missed you so bad,' which was written for the guy I'm still seeing today, actually."
Call Me Maybe
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked24 Horrifying Stories Behind the Scenes of Huge Movies
Cinema BlendThe 20 Best Movies on YouTube
Clickhole5 Absolutely Legendary Celebrity Party Stories
Cracked6 Celebs You Didn't Know Had Ridiculous Music Careers
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
SalonThe Top 10 Oral Sex Movie Scenes
- The Killer Inside Kid Rock
- Metallica Kick Off Reissue Project With 'No Life 'Til Leather' Cassette
- Mumford & Sons Talk Going Electric on New Album ‘Wilder Mind’
- Scott Walker, God's Gift to the Democratic Party
- Why Is This Man Still in Jail?
- 'Better Call Saul' Recap: Open Mike Night
- Watch Bob Dylan Navigate a Bloody Love Triangle in New Video
- Hear Kanye West's Triumphant New 'All Day'