It wasn't a third-place finish on Canadian Idol that got this pop singer noticed; rather, it was an unexpected Twitter endorsement from compatriot Justin Bieber. While home for the holidays, Bieber heard Jepsen's sugary track — about hoping for a crush-at-first-sight to call — and tweeted, "Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen is possibly the catchiest song I've ever heard lol." Jepsen told Rolling Stone that "Call Me Maybe," which she co-wrote with two friends, was created with an actual person in mind — maybe more than one. "Oh, there's always a guy – and this case is no different," she said. "The first line was, 'Before you came into my life, I missed you so bad,' which was written for the guy I'm still seeing today, actually."
Call Me Maybe
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
SalonThe 19 Greatest Double Entendre Songs
VultureAll 169 Seinfeld Episodes, Ranked from Worst to Best
Guitar WorldThe 20 Best Rock Guitar Intros of All Time
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
Cracked7 Insane Things TV Shows Did When They Ran Out Of Money
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best
- Watch Lady Gaga Sing Stirring National Anthem at Super Bowl 50
- The Vampire Squid Tells Us How to Vote
- 100 Greatest Guitarists
- Larry David on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- Watch Coldplay, Beyonce's Colorful 'Hymn for the Weekend' Video
- See Larry David's 'Bern Your Enthusiasm' 'SNL' Parody