It wasn't a third-place finish on Canadian Idol that got this pop singer noticed; rather, it was an unexpected Twitter endorsement from compatriot Justin Bieber. While home for the holidays, Bieber heard Jepsen's sugary track — about hoping for a crush-at-first-sight to call — and tweeted, "Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen is possibly the catchiest song I've ever heard lol." Jepsen told Rolling Stone that "Call Me Maybe," which she co-wrote with two friends, was created with an actual person in mind — maybe more than one. "Oh, there's always a guy – and this case is no different," she said. "The first line was, 'Before you came into my life, I missed you so bad,' which was written for the guy I'm still seeing today, actually."
Call Me Maybe
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast2015's Most Anticipated Movies
MicThe Best Album of the Year — You Won’t Hear at the Grammys
MicRihanna Just Dropped a New Track With Kanye West
Men's Journal5 Benefits of Dating the Old-Fashioned Way
The Daily BeastAre These the Future Oscar Winners?
- Taylor Swift Trademarks 'This Sick Beat' and Other '1989' Phrases
- Blink-182's Hoppus, Barker Blast 'Ungrateful, Disingenuous' Tom DeLonge
- Lil Wayne Sues Cash Money for $51 Million
- Strippers, Rappers and VR Porn: Welcome to Internext
- Is Aphex Twin Dropping Hours of Unreleased Music on SoundCloud?
- ‘Ghostbusters' Reboot Sets All-Female Cast, Release Date
- 'American Sniper' Is Almost Too Dumb to Criticize
- Sundance 2015: Brett Morgen on Cobain, Courtney and 'Montage of Heck'