It wasn't a third-place finish on Canadian Idol that got this pop singer noticed; rather, it was an unexpected Twitter endorsement from compatriot Justin Bieber. While home for the holidays, Bieber heard Jepsen's sugary track — about hoping for a crush-at-first-sight to call — and tweeted, "Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen is possibly the catchiest song I've ever heard lol." Jepsen told Rolling Stone that "Call Me Maybe," which she co-wrote with two friends, was created with an actual person in mind — maybe more than one. "Oh, there's always a guy – and this case is no different," she said. "The first line was, 'Before you came into my life, I missed you so bad,' which was written for the guy I'm still seeing today, actually."
Call Me Maybe
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mic12 Stunning Pics Offer a Rare View Inside the Lives of Sex Workers
Cracked29 Bizarre True Stories Behind the Most Popular Music Ever
SalonHere Is the Average Penis Length According to Science
Clickhole5 Absolutely Legendary Celebrity Party Stories
Cinema BlendThe Top 10 Steamiest Movie Sex Scenes of All Time
Cracked6 Insane Meltdowns by Actors on Set of Their Greatest Movies
- Go Ahead and Call Bill O'Reilly What He Is: A Pathological Liar
- Jimmy Fallon Challenges Mullet-Wearing Hugh Jackman to 'Musical Beers'
- After Netanyahu Speech, Congress Is Officially High School
- Hall and Oates Suing Granola Company Over 'Haulin' Oats'
- Adam Sandler Shares Classic Chris Farley, Michael Keaton 'SNL' Stories
- McDonald's Responds to Indie-Pop Duo's Viral Complaint
- Grateful Dead Members, More Booked for Jerry Garcia Tribute Show
- Eminem, Dr. Dre and 50 Cent Reveal Shady History in New Doc