Bruce Springsteen will release four unreleased songs on a 12" vinyl EP entitled American Beauty for Record Store Day on April 19th. Three of the tracks - "American Beauty," "Mary Mary" and "Hey Blue Eyes" - were recorded during the High Hopes sessions with producer Ron Aniello, but ultimately discarded. The origin of the other song, "Hurry Up Sundown," is unknown.
It's unclear if the material on American Beauty will ultimately be offered to fans in any non-vinyl format. None of the songs on the EP have been heard before, but Rage Against The Machine guitarist Tom Morello — who is featured prominently on High Hopes and is on tour with Springsteen — plans on covering "Hey Blue Eyes" for an upcoming project.
A DVD, Blu-ray and digital download of the 2013 MusiCares Person of the Year concert, a multi-artist charity tribute concert to Bruce Springsteen set for release both physically and digitally on March 25th, is also in the works. The show, held at the Los Angeles Convention Center on February 8th, 2013, featured Neil Young and Crazy Horse, Sting, John Legend, Mumford & Sons, Patti Smith and others playing Springsteen classics. It wrapped up with a brief set by Springsteen and the E Street Band.
Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band are in the middle of a month-long Australian tour. They kick off an American tour April 8th at the U.S. Bank Arena in Cincinnati, Ohio, just two days before the E Street Band's induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
A MusiCares Tribute To Bruce Springsteen and American Beauty track list
A MusiCares Tribute To Bruce Springsteen
1. "Adam Raised a Cain" Performed by Alabama Shakes
2. "Because the Night" Performed by Patti Smith
3. "Atlantic City" Performed by Natalie Maines, Ben Harper and Charlie Musselwhite
4. "American Land" Performed by Ken Casey
5. "My City of Ruins" Performed by Mavis Staples and Zac Brown
6. "I'm On Fire" Performed by Mumford and Sons
7. "American Skin (41 Shots)" Performed by Jackson Browne and Tom Morello
8. "My Hometown" Performed by Emmylou Harris
9. "One Step Up" Performed by Kenny Chesney
10. "Streets of Philadelphia" Performed by Elton John
11. "Hungry Heart" Performed by Juanes
12. "Tougher Than the Rest" Performed by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill
13. "The Ghost of Tom Joad" Performed by Jim James and Tom Morello
14. "Dancing in the Dark" Performed by John Legend
15. "Lonesome Day" Performed by Sting
16. "Born in the U.S.A." Performed by Neil Young with Crazy Horse
17. "We Take Care of Our Own" Performed by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
18. "Death to My Hometown" Performed by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
19. "Thunder Road" Performed by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
20. "Born to Run" Performed by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
21. "Glory Days" Performed by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band & cast ensemble
1. "American Beauty"
2. "Mary Mary"
3. "Hurry Up Sundown"
4. "Hey Blue Eyes"
To read the new issue of Rolling Stone online, plus the entire RS archive: Click Here
MUSIC 9 Classic Devo Videos
OLYMPICS 18 Epic Opening Ceremonies
Picks From Around the Web
blog comments powered by Disqus