Billy Joel and Bruce Springsteen will reportedly team up for a Barack Obama benefit concert at NYC's Hammerstein Ballroom on October 16th. The concert will be Obama's last NY appearance prior to the November 4th election. Donors were notified about the concert today. The performance will be the first time Springsteen and Joel — two titans of the tri-state area rock scene — ever played the same bill. And while Joel recently sold out two nights at Shea Stadium and Springsteen is about to be broadcast to the millions at this year's Super Bowl, their Hammerstein Ballroom will harbor a scant 2,500-person capacity. As if the concert wasn't amazing enough, the show also promises more "exciting guests." Tickets range from $500 for the balcony to $2,500 for premium seats to $10,000 for "lounge tickets." Springsteen announced on his website back in April that he endorsed Barack Obama. Bruce and Billy join artists like the Grateful Dead and the Allman Brothers who have come together for concerts to support the Democratic presidential candidate.
Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel To Play NYC Obama Benefit Concert
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
SpinThe 50 Best Rock Bands Right Now
Mental FlossWhere Are 10 Key Players in The O.J. Simpson Trial Now?
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
Cracked5 Famous People Who Lost Everything (For Stupid Reasons)
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Rick Rubin: My Life in 21 Songs
- The Koch Brothers' Dirty War on Solar Power
- Inside the Replacements' Disastrous 'Saturday Night Live' Debut
- 15 Great Grammy Tribute Performances
- 'Silence of the Lambs' at 25: 'It Broke All the Rules'
- Black Lives Matter Co-Founder to Beyonce: 'Welcome to the Movement'
- Watch Henry Rollins Recall Terrifying Acid Trip Nightmare