Billy Joel and Bruce Springsteen will reportedly team up for a Barack Obama benefit concert at NYC's Hammerstein Ballroom on October 16th. The concert will be Obama's last NY appearance prior to the November 4th election. Donors were notified about the concert today. The performance will be the first time Springsteen and Joel — two titans of the tri-state area rock scene — ever played the same bill. And while Joel recently sold out two nights at Shea Stadium and Springsteen is about to be broadcast to the millions at this year's Super Bowl, their Hammerstein Ballroom will harbor a scant 2,500-person capacity. As if the concert wasn't amazing enough, the show also promises more "exciting guests." Tickets range from $500 for the balcony to $2,500 for premium seats to $10,000 for "lounge tickets." Springsteen announced on his website back in April that he endorsed Barack Obama. Bruce and Billy join artists like the Grateful Dead and the Allman Brothers who have come together for concerts to support the Democratic presidential candidate.
Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel To Play NYC Obama Benefit Concert
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
Bleacher ReportThe Worst Picks in NFL Draft History
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
Cracked28 Great Movie Moments Created By Ignoring The Script
Men's Journal10 Sexual Hygiene Tips for Better Sex
Cinema BlendTop 10 Grossest TV Moments
- George Clinton: Doctor Atomic
- 11 Things We Learned From Bruce Jenner's Coming Out Interview
- Hear Pete Townshend's Orchestral Remake of the Who's 'Love, Reign O'er Me'
- Watch Jason Isbell Pay Tribute to Warren Zevon on 'Letterman'
- Miles Davis: 15 Essential Albums
- Tatiana Maslany on That Emmys Snub and Playing Nine Roles on 'Orphan Black'
- Neil Young and Stephen Stills Light Up the Stage at L.A. Autism Benefit
- Watch Brandon Flowers' Creepy, Retro 'Lonely Town' Video