It's shaping up to be A Tale of Two VMAs for Britney Spears. A year after the singer had the audiences eyes rolling with a jaw-droppingly-bad performance of "Gimme More," Brit will have a shot at redemption at this year's VMA as she's up for Video of the Year after her "Piece of Me" was named among the five nominees. Joining Spears in the top category are the Jonas Brothers' "Burnin Up," Chris Brown's Wrigley-sponsored "Forever," the Pussycat Dolls' "When I Grow Up" and the Ting Tings' "Shut Up and Let Me Go." Spears role at the awards show is still undefined, but her nomination likely guarantees she'll be appearing at the September 7th live broadcast from Los Angeles. It's not like she's on tour or anything. She is crafting her "best work ever," however.
Britney Spears Among Nominees for VMA's Video of the Year
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
SalonBehind-The-Scenes Secrets Of Comedy’s ’90s Glory Days
Mental Floss10 Messages Hidden in the Background of Movies and TV Shows
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
Guitar WorldThe 30 Most Badass Guitarists of All Time
Cracked6 Hit Songs That Destroyed The Bands They Made Famous
TestTubeThe Best Sex Positions
- Watch Adele, Fallon, Roots Sing 'Hello' With Classroom Instruments
- 50 Wildest Guns N' Roses Moments
- Watch Adele Perform Smoky '25' Ballad 'Million Years Ago'
- Tips for Dealing With Fake 'Racist Uncle' Think Pieces This Thanksgiving
- Queen's Tragic Rhapsody
- Watch Justin Bieber Sing in the Rain During 2015 AMAs Finale
- The Inside Story of David Bowie's Stunning New Album, 'Blackstar'
- UFC's Conor McGregor: 'Donald Trump Can Shut His Big Mouth'