It's shaping up to be A Tale of Two VMAs for Britney Spears. A year after the singer had the audiences eyes rolling with a jaw-droppingly-bad performance of "Gimme More," Brit will have a shot at redemption at this year's VMA as she's up for Video of the Year after her "Piece of Me" was named among the five nominees. Joining Spears in the top category are the Jonas Brothers' "Burnin Up," Chris Brown's Wrigley-sponsored "Forever," the Pussycat Dolls' "When I Grow Up" and the Ting Tings' "Shut Up and Let Me Go." Spears role at the awards show is still undefined, but her nomination likely guarantees she'll be appearing at the September 7th live broadcast from Los Angeles. It's not like she's on tour or anything. She is crafting her "best work ever," however.
Britney Spears Among Nominees for VMA's Video of the Year
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mic12 Stunning Pics Offer a Rare View Inside the Lives of Sex Workers
Cracked29 Bizarre True Stories Behind the Most Popular Music Ever
Cinema BlendThe 15 Best Disaster Movies Of All Time
ClickholeThe Greatest Movie Speeches of All Time
Cracked6 Insane Meltdowns by Actors on Set of Their Greatest Movies
MicHere's the Meaning of the Scathing New Pussy Riot Song
- Grateful Dead Members, More Booked for Jerry Garcia Tribute Show
- Go Ahead and Call Bill O'Reilly What He Is: A Pathological Liar
- Shania Twain Announces Final Tour
- Hear Violent Femmes' First New Song in 15 Years
- Metallica's Lars Ulrich on New Album: 'We Are F--king in It!'
- 5 Takeaways From 'House of Cards' Season Three
- Watch Conan O'Brien Join Salsa Band During Cuba Visit
- Method Man on Secret Wu-Tang Release: 'F--k That Album'