Brian Wilson will release his new album That Lucky Old Sun via Capitol Records on September 2nd. Wilson premiered the piece, which features contributions from longtime collaborator and arranger Van Dyke Parks, at London's Royal Festival Hall last September. This album marks Wilson's return to Capitol, the original home of the Beach Boys. "It was a sentimental experience for me," says Wilson of his Capitol return. "Just seeing that same room I was in forty-six years ago." Wilson also added that the new album's narrative includes spoken word interludes that contain "some interesting poetic images and spiritual feelings."
Brian Wilson Returns to Capitol, Will Release New Album in September
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast2015's Most Anticipated Movies
MicThe Best Album of the Year — You Won’t Hear at the Grammys
MicRihanna Just Dropped a New Track With Kanye West
Men's Journal5 Benefits of Dating the Old-Fashioned Way
The Daily BeastAre These the Future Oscar Winners?
- Blink-182's Hoppus, Barker Blast 'Ungrateful, Disingenuous' Tom DeLonge
- 'American Sniper' Is Almost Too Dumb to Criticize
- Sam Smith on Tom Petty Settlement: 'Similarities' But 'Complete Coincidence'
- Xmas or Bust: The Untold Story of 'National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation'
- Tom DeLonge Leaves Blink-182
- Louis C.K. 'Disappoints' on 'Letterman,' Talks 'Deflategate'
- Sundance 2015: Intimate 'Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck' Doc Stuns at Premiere
- Michael Moore Responds to 'Haters' After 'American Sniper' Uproar