"Boom Boom Pow" was not a typical lead-off single for the Black-Eyed Peas, but it resonated so strongly with their fans that it became the group's first Number One hit. Filled with digital effects and an electro feel, the song served its purpose well, according to will.i.am. "We could've been like, 'We haven't been out for a while, I just got finished doing this Obama thing -- we need to hit 'em with a little "Where’s the Love,"'" he told Rolling Stone. "But I think we’re supposed to give people an escape instead. Something to make them excited about life and forget the things that haunt them."
Boom Boom Pow
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
Cracked5 Famous People Who Lost Everything (For Stupid Reasons)
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Ace Frehley Announces New LP, 'White Room' Cover, Paul Stanley Reunion
- Slipknot's Corey Taylor Talks Combating Racism in Metal
- 25 Worst Original Names of Famous Bands
- Eagles Members, Jackson Browne Uniting for Glenn Frey Grammy Tribute
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- Kanye West Announces Album's Final Title, 'The Life of Pablo,' Track List
- 100 Greatest Guitarists