Although Bruce Springsteen's original never charted, Manfred Mann's cover version topped the Billboard singles chart. Mann told Rolling Stone he was a better interpreter of other people's songs than a writer of his own. "If you listen to Springsteen's 'Blinded by the Light,' I've taken out words; I haven't been very honest to the original at all." When he replaced the line "cut loose like a deuce" with "revved up like a deuce," many misheard it as "wrapped up like a douche." Years later, Springsteen joked about it on VH1 Storytellers. "I have a feeling that is why the song skyrocketed to Number One," he said.
Blinded by the Light
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On March 1
Bleacher ReportTaishan Dong: The Chinese 7-Footer Ready to Dominate the Boxing World
Cinema Blend12 Sequels That Will Never Happen
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
Bleacher ReportThe Strangest Sports Trades of All Time
- The Killer Inside Kid Rock
- Scott Walker, God's Gift to the Democratic Party
- Noel Gallagher on Loving 'Seinfeld,' Hating Most Everything Else
- Is Kentucky Killing College Basketball?
- See Keith Urban's Unexpected Take on 'Somebody Like You' at Intimate Nashville Show
- Beyonce Fans Attack Kid Rock Online After Derogatory Comments
- Crude Awakening: How the Keystone Veto Dashes Canada's 'Superpower' Dreams
- Hear AWOLNATION's Rapturous New Song 'Windows'