Before "Blind," Antony Hegarty was known for his evocative vibrato and somber, chamber-influenced work with his band Antony and the Johnsons. But lending his powerhouse vocals to DFA Records electro-disco project Hercules and Love Affair let him show off his less cerebral side. "I love that quote from Nina Simone, where she says, 'I sing to know that I am alive,'" he said. "Dance is the same -- you are kind of crying out with your body, jumping out, almost in for a mysterious feeling [that] you couldn't call one thing … Dancing and singing merges that feeling with creativity."
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
Bleacher ReportThe Worst Picks in NFL Draft History
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
Cracked28 Great Movie Moments Created By Ignoring The Script
Men's Journal10 Sexual Hygiene Tips for Better Sex
Cinema BlendTop 10 Grossest TV Moments
- George Clinton: Doctor Atomic
- Tatiana Maslany on That Emmys Snub and Playing Nine Roles on 'Orphan Black'
- Hear Pete Townshend's Orchestral Remake of the Who's 'Love, Reign O'er Me'
- Watch Jason Isbell Pay Tribute to Warren Zevon on 'Letterman'
- 11 Things We Learned From Bruce Jenner's Coming Out Interview
- Watch Brandon Flowers' Creepy, Retro 'Lonely Town' Video
- The Force Awakens: 'Star Wars' Superfan Chris Conley Goes to the NFL Draft
- 'The Voice' Finalists and Coaches Applaud Show's Country Connections