Billy Corgan is suing a Chicago videographer that filmed the Smashing Pumpkins' leader's solo shows and studio sessions from 2003 to 2005. In the suit, Corgan complains that the footage that filmmaker Lester Cohn of Pure DV Productions shot was "completely unsatisfactory," that Cohn misrepresented his filmmaking expertise and that Cohn is now holding the tapes hostage. Corgan is seeking $100,000 plus all the video Cohn shot over that time and says he now wants to use the tapes to "create works in different media." The Pumpkins have been in a litigious mood lately, as former members James Iha and D'Arcy recently filed a suit against Virgin Records over royalties.
Billy Corgan Sues Filmmaker Over "Unsatisfactory" Footage
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked6 Celebrities You Didn't Know Had Ridiculous Music Careers
Salon5 Secrets to Great Sex
Cinema BlendThe 10 Greatest Wrestlers Turned Actors
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
Cracked6 Famous Movies Made By The Last Person You'd Expect
Mental FlossThe Strange Deaths of 20 Interesting People
- Grateful Dead Archivist Details Massive, New 80-Disc Box Set
- Hear Eminem's Hard-Hitting 'Southpaw' Song 'Phenomenal'
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: Dawn of the Dead
- Muhammad Ali: Last Tango in Vegas
- Iggy Azalea on Canceled Tour: 'I Just Deserve a Break'
- Lil Boosie Gets Real: MC on Prison, Protests and 'Classic' New LP
- Noel Gallagher Talks One Direction, Oasis Brawls on 'James Corden'