Ben Folds Five will reunite for a one-off show in two weeks for a performance of their final album, 1999's The Unauthorized Biography of Reinhold Messner. The concert — the first by the ironically named trio since disbanding in 2000 — will be held in at the UNC Memorial Hall in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, on September 18th as part of MySpace's new "Front to Back" series. In the vein of the All Tomorrow's Parties' "Don't Look Back" shows, the series will feature bands performing one of their albums in its entirety, with the shows later being posted on MySpace. "Of our three albums, this one brings back the most vivid memories," Folds said. "It was actually written to be one song of many movements, which is why there are motifs that appear throughout the album. That should make Reinhold a natural to be played front to back." Tickets go on sale Monday, September 8th, and all proceeds will benefit Operation Smile.
Ben Folds Five Reuniting for One-Night-Only MySpace Show
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
MTV News19 Songs You Didn’t Know Ed Sheeran Wrote
VultureEvery American Idol Finalist, Ranked From Worst to Best
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind The Scenes
Mental Floss11 Actors Who Asked For Their Characters To Be Killed Off
Diffuser21 Best Alt Rock Albums
SalonSecrets Of The Female Pickup Artist
- See System of a Down's Serj Tankian Perform New Political Song 'Artsakh'
- Prince: Remembering the Rock Star, Funk Lord, Provocateur, Genius
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’: Why Chris Evans Is the Anxious Avenger
- Ted Cruz Will Die So That You May Live
- A Final Visit With Prince: Rolling Stone's Lost Cover Story
- Ladies and Gentlemen, the GOP Presidential Nominee, Donald Trump
- See Prince Proteges the Family Pay Tribute With New 'Nothing Compares 2 U'
- Watch Kenny Chesney's Chaotic 'Noise' Video