The Four Tops formed 11 years before the release of this ballad, their first hit on Motown. The group had just wrapped up a gig at a Detroit nightclub when Brian Holland, who wrote the song with partners Lamont Dozier and Eddie Holland, invited them to Motown's studio to record into the wee hours of the night. In 2004, Holland explained how the words came to him one morning: "I was feeling very close to my wife, and thought of singing 'Baby I need your loving.' The phrase just entered my head. I felt she didn't really understand me, so I could explain how I felt through this song."
Baby I Need Your Loving
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
Bleacher ReportThe Worst Picks in NFL Draft History
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
Cracked28 Great Movie Moments Created By Ignoring The Script
Men's Journal10 Sexual Hygiene Tips for Better Sex
Cinema BlendTop 10 Grossest TV Moments
- George Clinton: Doctor Atomic
- Tatiana Maslany on That Emmys Snub and Playing Nine Roles on 'Orphan Black'
- 11 Things We Learned From Bruce Jenner's Coming Out Interview
- Hear Pete Townshend's Orchestral Remake of the Who's 'Love, Reign O'er Me'
- Watch Jason Isbell Pay Tribute to Warren Zevon on 'Letterman'
- Watch Brandon Flowers' Creepy, Retro 'Lonely Town' Video
- 'Gotham' Recap: Stupor Heroes
- Rolling Stone and UVA: The Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism Report