The Four Tops formed 11 years before the release of this ballad, their first hit on Motown. The group had just wrapped up a gig at a Detroit nightclub when Brian Holland, who wrote the song with partners Lamont Dozier and Eddie Holland, invited them to Motown's studio to record into the wee hours of the night. In 2004, Holland explained how the words came to him one morning: "I was feeling very close to my wife, and thought of singing 'Baby I need your loving.' The phrase just entered my head. I felt she didn't really understand me, so I could explain how I felt through this song."
Baby I Need Your Loving
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked6 TV Spin-Off Story Lines That Ruined The Originals
Guitar WorldThe 20 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
DiffuserRock Stars' Kids Who Rock
Mental Floss21 Things You Might Not Know About 'Dazed and Confused'
DiffuserThe 12 Most Shocking Crimes In Rock History
Cracked5 Cover Songs Better Than The Original
- The Endless Fall of Suge Knight
- Grateful Dead End 50-Year Career With Moving, Magnificent Final Show
- Van Halen Play Nice, Shred Hard at High-Energy Tour Opener
- 'It's Come Back to Haunt Them': Flag Historian on the Confederate Flag
- Obama Is on a Roll, But Is His Presidency?
- The Grateful Dead Say Farewell: The View From the Bowl
- Grateful Dead's Goodbye, Night Two: Chemistry Lost, Cash-Grabs Abound
- Hear Taylor Swift's 'Bad Blood' Sung in 20 Different Styles