The Four Tops formed 11 years before the release of this ballad, their first hit on Motown. The group had just wrapped up a gig at a Detroit nightclub when Brian Holland, who wrote the song with partners Lamont Dozier and Eddie Holland, invited them to Motown's studio to record into the wee hours of the night. In 2004, Holland explained how the words came to him one morning: "I was feeling very close to my wife, and thought of singing 'Baby I need your loving.' The phrase just entered my head. I felt she didn't really understand me, so I could explain how I felt through this song."
Baby I Need Your Loving
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mic12 Stunning Pics Offer a Rare View Inside the Lives of Sex Workers
Cracked29 Bizarre True Stories Behind the Most Popular Music Ever
Cinema BlendThe 15 Best Disaster Movies Of All Time
ClickholeThe Greatest Movie Speeches of All Time
Cracked6 Insane Meltdowns by Actors on Set of Their Greatest Movies
MicHere's the Meaning of the Scathing New Pussy Riot Song
- Metallica's Lars Ulrich on New Album: 'We Are F--king in It!'
- 5 Takeaways From 'House of Cards' Season Three
- Travis Barker to Tom DeLonge: 'Just Man Up and Quit' Blink-182
- Method Man on Secret Wu-Tang Release: 'F--k That Album'
- Hear Violent Femmes' First New Song in 15 Years
- Shania Twain Announces Final Tour
- Jimmy Fallon Lists Pros and Cons of Watching 'Empire'
- New 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Trailer Offers First Look at the Vision