The Four Tops formed 11 years before the release of this ballad, their first hit on Motown. The group had just wrapped up a gig at a Detroit nightclub when Brian Holland, who wrote the song with partners Lamont Dozier and Eddie Holland, invited them to Motown's studio to record into the wee hours of the night. In 2004, Holland explained how the words came to him one morning: "I was feeling very close to my wife, and thought of singing 'Baby I need your loving.' The phrase just entered my head. I felt she didn't really understand me, so I could explain how I felt through this song."
Baby I Need Your Loving
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind the Scenes
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
Diffuser27 Rockers Who Died at Age 27
Mental Floss33 Surprising Stories Behind Famous Songs
Screen Rant10 Decisions That Ruined Movies
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale Are Divorcing
- Jon Stewart: Goodbye to the Last Honest Newsman
- 40 Best Things We Saw at Lollapalooza 2015
- Watch Lauryn Hill's Show-Stopping 'Feeling Good' on 'Tonight Show'
- Robbie Maddison on Cheating Death to Make His 'Pipe Dream' a Reality
- Best of Enemies: Jon Stewart's 10 Favorite 'Daily Show' Targets
- Watch Ronda Rousey Knock Out Bethe Correia – In Claymation Form
- Hulk Hogan Fired by WWE Over 'Racial Tirade'