Even when she was selling millions of albums in the Christian music genre, Grant had her sights on the mainstream charts. "I realize I'm potentially confronting a whole new audience," she told Rolling Stone. The worldwide success of "Baby, Baby," the first single from her first secular album, proved she could make the transition. Although the song — written about her 2-year-old daughter, Millie — helped Grant make the crossover, she insisted she didn't forget her spiritual side. "It wasn't a case of my falling off the deep end or losing my faith; I just wanted to try new things."
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked24 Horrifying Stories Behind the Scenes of Huge Movies
Cinema BlendThe 20 Best Movies on YouTube
Clickhole5 Absolutely Legendary Celebrity Party Stories
Cracked6 Celebs You Didn't Know Had Ridiculous Music Careers
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
SalonThe Top 10 Oral Sex Movie Scenes
- Scott Walker, God's Gift to the Democratic Party
- Kanye West Reveals New Album Title 'So Help Me God'
- Dakota Johnson on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- Noel Gallagher on Loving 'Seinfeld,' Hating Most Everything Else
- Alabama Shakes Bring New 'Sound & Color' Tracks to 'SNL'
- Crude Awakening: How the Keystone Veto Dashes Canada's 'Superpower' Dreams
- Beyonce Fans Attack Kid Rock Online After Derogatory Comments
- Watch Jimmy Kimmel Call Out Anti-Vaxxers in Scathing Monologue