Axl Rose has responded to Dr. Pepper's offer to give everyone (except Slash and guitarist Buckethead) a free can of soda if Guns n' Roses finally release the long-awaited Chinese Democracy this year. In a press release, Rose says, "We are surprised and very happy to have the support of Dr. Pepper with our album Chinese Democracy, as for us, this came totally out of the blue. If there is any involvement with this promotion by our record company or others, we are unaware of such at this time. And as some of Buckethead's performances are on our album, I'll share my Dr. Pepper with him." Slash will still have to buy a can, apparently. Still, we don't think we'll be hearing Democracy anytime soon, unless Gn'R goes all Raconteurs on us.
Axl Rose Thanks Dr. Pepper For Supporting "Chinese Democracy"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
SalonThe 19 Greatest Double Entendre Songs
VultureAll 169 Seinfeld Episodes, Ranked from Worst to Best
Guitar WorldThe 20 Best Rock Guitar Intros of All Time
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
Cracked7 Insane Things TV Shows Did When They Ran Out Of Money
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Watch Coldplay, Beyonce and Bruno Mars Rock Super Bowl 50 Halftime
- Super Bowl 50 Commercials: The Best and Worst From the Big Game
- Coldplay's Chris Martin Gets Personal: Inside the New Issue
- Watch Lady Gaga Sing Stirring National Anthem at Super Bowl 50
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best
- The Vampire Squid Tells Us How to Vote
- Watch Elton John Belt Classics in 'Carpool Karaoke'