With its gentle nostalgic theme and an arrangement that owed debts to both Phil Spector and classical music, "As Tears Go By" gave Marianne Faithfull her first hit in 1964. Originally titled "As Time Goes By" and retitled to avoid confusion with the song of that name performed in Casablanca, it was written for her by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards with some help from Rolling Stones manager Andrew Oldham (the Stones released their own version a year later). "We never dreamed of doing that ourselves when we wrote it," said Jagger in Rolling Stone. "We just gave it straight to Marianne."
As Tears Go By
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
AskMenThe Top 99 Outstanding Women of 2015
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most ‘Elite’ Sex Party
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
Salon5 Mysteries We Hope the “X-Files” Reboot Will Resolve
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On April 1
- The Children of ISIS
- Rihanna Asserts Her Dominance on New Song 'Bitch Better Have My Money'
- Roger Daltrey: 'I Want Us to Stop at the Top of Our Game'
- Dr. Dre Talks N.W.A Biopic, Eazy-E's Death, Eminem and Making New Music
- Sara Evans Blasts Fox's 'Last Man on Earth': 'I Was Thoroughly Disgusted'
- Why Fewer People Want Their MTV
- Flashback: The Unedited 'Boats 'N Hoes' Video From 'Step Brothers'
- Andy Summers on the Police: 'We Were the Most Desirable Men in the World'