A wave of anti-emo violence has descended on Mexico. The first reported instance occurred on March 7th, when 800 young people came to the city of Queretaro with the sole purpose of finding emo kids to beat up. The anti-emo movement has propagated from message boards and social-network sites led by youths who dislike "the emo look and attitude." A week after the Queretaro incident, a group comprised of punks and rockabillies faced off against the emo crowd. In response to the attacks, the emo population staged a silent march asking for peace and tolerance through Queretaro's main center on March 15th. The march was organized by a Mexico City gay-rights organization that feels the anti-emo attacks are fueled by homophobia. The problem is not only restricted to Mexico, however: Reports from Chile of skinheads fighting emo kids occurred prior to the Mexican violence.
Anti-Emo Violence Plagues Mexico as Attacks Increase
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind the Scenes
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
Screen Rant10 Decisions That Ruined Movies
Diffuser27 Rockers Who Died at Age 27
AskMenThe 40 Best Guy Movies Of All Time
Mental Floss33 Surprising Stories Behind Famous Songs
- Skulls, Satan and Dave Grohl: Inside Mysterious Occult-Rock Band Ghost
- Are Rogue Militants Preparing for War on American Soil?
- Jimmy Fallon Plays Donald Trump, Gets Debate Advice From Obama
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Jon Stewart Bids Farewell to Fox News: 'Adios, Motherf---ers'
- 25 Best 'Daily Show' Correspondents
- Lewis Black on Surviving Two Decades at 'The Daily Show'
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free