A diverse All Points West lineup and a prime 5 p.m. slot for Animal Collective meant that their faithful throng of indie-geeks commingled peacefully with Widespread Panic tattoos and Jersey bros — all together to watch a band finger KAOS pads and whack tablas into a noise-drenched soup. Luckily, the Animals' dubby mush, suffocating echo and quasi-Afrobeat distorto-rhythms were just as good as anything for everyone to get stoned and sway. Even the three minutes of crushing goop opening Panda Bear's solo turn "Comfy in Nautica" was met with hypnotic attentiveness.
Animal Collective Provide Woozy Jams at All Points West
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
Bleacher ReportThe Worst Picks in NFL Draft History
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
Cracked28 Great Movie Moments Created By Ignoring The Script
Men's Journal10 Sexual Hygiene Tips for Better Sex
Cinema BlendTop 10 Grossest TV Moments
- 11 Things We Learned From Bruce Jenner's Coming Out Interview
- George Clinton: Doctor Atomic
- Tatiana Maslany on That Emmys Snub and Playing Nine Roles on 'Orphan Black'
- Watch Jason Isbell Pay Tribute to Warren Zevon on 'Letterman'
- Hear Pete Townshend's Orchestral Remake of the Who's 'Love, Reign O'er Me'
- Neil Young and Stephen Stills Light Up the Stage at L.A. Autism Benefit
- Rolling Stone and UVA: The Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism Report
- DaveWatch: Countdown to Letterman's Last 'Late Show,' Day 19