A diverse All Points West lineup and a prime 5 p.m. slot for Animal Collective meant that their faithful throng of indie-geeks commingled peacefully with Widespread Panic tattoos and Jersey bros — all together to watch a band finger KAOS pads and whack tablas into a noise-drenched soup. Luckily, the Animals' dubby mush, suffocating echo and quasi-Afrobeat distorto-rhythms were just as good as anything for everyone to get stoned and sway. Even the three minutes of crushing goop opening Panda Bear's solo turn "Comfy in Nautica" was met with hypnotic attentiveness.
Animal Collective Provide Woozy Jams at All Points West
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
Bleacher ReportWhat It's Like to Be in Mayweather's Entourage
Men's JournalDo Men Suck at Friendship?
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema BlendTop 10 Steamiest Sex Scenes
- 11 Things We Learned From Bruce Jenner's Coming Out Interview
- Jared Leto Debuts Ghoulish 'Suicide Squad' Version of the Joker
- The Secret Life of Transgender Rocker Tom Gabel
- Motley Crue on Rock Hall Chances and Why Bands Need Retirement Contracts
- Joan Jett: Built to Rock
- Navajo Actress Explains Why She Left Adam Sandler 'Ridiculous 6' Set
- Waka Flocka Flame for President: Watch His Exclusive Campaign Video
- Watch Terry Crews Punch Out Mike Tyson on 'Lip Sync Battle'