“[The song’s] about a straight guy who falls madly in love with the drag persona of his straight friend Andrew,” Magnetic Fields auteur Stephin Merritt said about his tune. The gender-ambiguous music video directed by Scott Valins further explored the “drag persona” Merritt sang about. “We took the opportunity to create a vibrant collage, exploring the intimate process of transforming ones gender,” Valins said. “The backbone of the piece is a series of intimate portraits that lead the viewer to their own complex conclusions of what they are attracted to.”
Andrew in Drag
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On March 1
Bleacher ReportTaishan Dong: The Chinese 7-Footer Ready to Dominate the Boxing World
Cinema BlendThe 20 Best Movies on YouTube
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
Men's JournalDo Men Suck at Friendship?
- Scott Walker, God's Gift to the Democratic Party
- President Obama, J.J. Abrams, Zachary Quinto Pay Tribute to Leonard Nimoy
- Watch Jimmy Kimmel Call Out Anti-Vaxxers in Scathing Monologue
- Madonna on Stage Fall: 'It Was a Horrible Nightmare Because I Like to Be Amazing'
- Is Kentucky Killing College Basketball?
- The Killer Inside Kid Rock
- Noel Gallagher on Loving 'Seinfeld,' Hating Most Everything Else
- Crude Awakening: How the Keystone Veto Dashes Canada's 'Superpower' Dreams