Amy Winehouse's father has been forced to turn away donations for his proposed charity organization in his late daughter's name after someone has has claimed the Amy Winehouse Foundation as an Internet domain name. "Instead of concentrating on allocating funding I am having to send cheques back," Mitch Winehouse wrote in a tweet earlier today, adding that he simply does not have a back account set up with that name.
Mitch Winehouse said last week that he was putting the charity on hold until a legal dispute over the name was settled. Winehouse announced his plans for the organization at his daughter's funeral on July 27th. "The plan is to help all children – not just rehabilitation, not just substance abuse," he said. "It's to help all children in need."
• Amy Winehouse's Death: A Troubled Star Gone Too Soon
• Musicians Respond to Amy Winehouse's Death
• Photos: Amy Winehouse Remembered
• Photos: The Tumultuous Life Of Amy Winehouse
• The Diva and Her Demons: Rolling Stone's 2007 Amy Winehouse Cover Story
• Up All Night With Amy Winehouse: Rolling Stone's 2008 Story
• Video: Behind the Feature: Claire Hoffman on Interviewing Amy Winehouse
• Photos: Not Fade Away: Amy Winehouse and More Rockers Lost Before Their Time
• Video: Amy Winehouse: Remembering the Soul Icon
• Video: U2 Pay Tribute to Amy Winehouse
• Family: Amy Winehouse's Death 'Leaves a Gaping Hole In Our Lives'
• Courtney Love on Amy Winehouse: 'I'm Gutted'
To read the new issue of Rolling Stone online, plus the entire RS archive: Click Here
CULTURE 14 Gonzo Masterpieces
Picks From Around the Web
blog comments powered by Disqus