Amy Winehouse's father has told CNN's Anderson Cooper that his daughter died after suffering a seizure brought on by alcohol withdrawal. "Everything Amy did, she did to excess," Mitch Winehouse said in a segment that will air on the premiere episode of Anderson later today. "She drank to excess and did detox to excess."
Though a toxicology report indicated that there were no illegal substances in Winehouse's system at the time of her death in July, her father says that there were traces of Librium, a prescription drug used to alleviate anxiety and alcohol withdrawal symptoms. A full inquest into the singer's untimely death at 27 will begin in October.
• Amy Winehouse's Death: A Troubled Star Gone Too Soon
• Musicians Respond to Amy Winehouse's Death
• Photos: Amy Winehouse Remembered
• Photos: The Tumultuous Life Of Amy Winehouse
• The Diva and Her Demons: Rolling Stone's 2007 Amy Winehouse Cover Story
• Up All Night With Amy Winehouse: Rolling Stone's 2008 Story
• Video: Behind the Feature: Claire Hoffman on Interviewing Amy Winehouse
• Photos: Not Fade Away: Amy Winehouse and More Rockers Lost Before Their Time
• Video: Amy Winehouse: Remembering the Soul Icon
• Video: U2 Pay Tribute to Amy Winehouse
• Family: Amy Winehouse's Death 'Leaves a Gaping Hole In Our Lives'
• Courtney Love on Amy Winehouse: 'I'm Gutted'
To read the new issue of Rolling Stone online, plus the entire RS archive: Click Here
MUSIC 9 Classic Devo Videos
OLYMPICS 18 Epic Opening Ceremonies
Picks From Around the Web
blog comments powered by Disqus