Amy Winehouse's father surprised fans outside the late singer's home in Camden, North London yesterday by handing out articles of her clothing. Mitch Winehouse reportedly passed out the clothes to fans, telling them "These are Amy's t-shirts. This is what she would have wanted, for her fans to have her clothes." The singer's boyfriend Reg Traviss joined him in distributing the clothing, which also included items such as sunglasses.
According to sources at the British tabloid the Sun, the Winehouse family believe that the singer's death on Saturday was the result of alcohol withdrawal. The Sun's inside source claims that doctors had told Winehouse to gradually reduce her intake of alcohol and to avoid binge drinking, but she was so desperate to get clean that she gave up drinking completely. As of yet, no official cause of death has been determined, and toxicology reports are still pending.
• Amy Winehouse's Death: A Troubled Star Gone Too Soon
• Musicians Respond to Amy Winehouse's Death
• Critics Assess Amy Winehouse's Legacy
• Photos: Amy Winehouse Remembered
• Photos: The Tumultuous Life Of Amy Winehouse
• Ronnie Spector Pays Tribute to Amy Winehouse
• The Diva and Her Demons: Rolling Stone's 2007 Amy Winehouse Cover Story
• Up All Night With Amy Winehouse: Rolling Stone's 2008 Story
• Video: Behind the Feature: Claire Hoffman on Interviewing Amy Winehouse
• Photos: Not Fade Away: Amy Winehouse and More Rockers Lost Before Their Time
• Video: Amy Winehouse: Remembering the Soul Icon
• Video: U2 Pay Tribute to Amy Winehouse
• Family: Amy Winehouse's Death 'Leaves a Gaping Hole In Our Lives'
• Courtney Love on Amy Winehouse: 'I'm Gutted'
To read the new issue of Rolling Stone online, plus the entire RS archive: Click Here
MUSIC 9 Classic Devo Videos
OLYMPICS 18 Epic Opening Ceremonies
Picks From Around the Web
blog comments powered by Disqus