The cause of Amy Winehouse's death will remain a mystery for at least a few more weeks.
An autopsy performed Monday at St. Pancras Mortuary in London did not establish a formal cause of death, Metropolitan Police tell Us Weekly in a statement. "We are awaiting the results of further toxicology tests," they add.
Further information regarding the 27-year-old singer's death is not expected for at least another two to four weeks. An inquest was opened at St. Pancras Coroner's Court Monday afternoon and was adjourned until October 26.
Sky News has reported her parents Mitch and Janis "formally identified" Winehouse's body Monday morning and that there "no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death of Amy Winehouse."
A spokesperson for the Winehouse family told BBC News that they are hoping to hold their daughter's funeral as soon as possible, but the post-mortem and police investigation have "made it impossible" to set a date.
Early Monday morning, Mitch and Janis Winehouse joined their daughter's boyfriend, Reg Traviss, to meet with mourner's outside the singer's Camden Square home in London.
"I can't tell you what this means to us. It really is making this a lot easier for us," Mitch said. "We're devastated and I'm speechless, but thanks for coming."
• Amy Winehouse's Death: A Troubled Star Gone Too Soon
• Musicians Respond to Amy Winehouse's Death
• Photos: Amy Winehouse Remembered
• Photos: The Tumultuous Life Of Amy Winehouse
• The Diva and Her Demons: Rolling Stone's 2007 Amy Winehouse Cover Story
• Up All Night With Amy Winehouse: Rolling Stone's 2008 Story
• Video: Behind the Feature: Claire Hoffman on Interviewing Amy Winehouse
• Photos: Not Fade Away: Amy Winehouse and More Rockers Lost Before Their Time
• Video: Amy Winehouse: Remembering the Soul Icon
• Video: U2 Pay Tribute to Amy Winehouse
• Family: Amy Winehouse's Death 'Leaves a Gaping Hole In Our Lives'
• Courtney Love on Amy Winehouse: 'I'm Gutted'
To read the new issue of Rolling Stone online, plus the entire RS archive: Click Here
CULTURE 14 Gonzo Masterpieces
Picks From Around the Web
blog comments powered by Disqus