Amy Winehouse's family has revealed that toxicology tests indicate there were no illegal drugs in the singer's system at the time of her death on July 23rd. The report did show that alcohol was present, though it has not been determined whether that contributed to her death.
An initial post-mortem conducted two days after the singer was found dead in her London home yielded no definitive cause of death. Her family is now awaiting the outcome of an inquest due on October 26th.
• Amy Winehouse's Death: A Troubled Star Gone Too Soon
• Musicians Respond to Amy Winehouse's Death
• Photos: Amy Winehouse Remembered
• Photos: The Tumultuous Life Of Amy Winehouse
• The Diva and Her Demons: Rolling Stone's 2007 Amy Winehouse Cover Story
• Up All Night With Amy Winehouse: Rolling Stone's 2008 Story
• Video: Behind the Feature: Claire Hoffman on Interviewing Amy Winehouse
• Photos: Not Fade Away: Amy Winehouse and More Rockers Lost Before Their Time
• Video: Amy Winehouse: Remembering the Soul Icon
• Video: U2 Pay Tribute to Amy Winehouse
• Family: Amy Winehouse's Death 'Leaves a Gaping Hole In Our Lives'
• Courtney Love on Amy Winehouse: 'I'm Gutted'
To read the new issue of Rolling Stone online, plus the entire RS archive: Click Here
CULTURE Odd Future's 'GTAV' Party
Picks From Around the Web
blog comments powered by Disqus