For the last week the Web has been awash in Amy Winehouse-related news/gossip. She's collapsed! She's in rehab! She's recuperating at home! She's on heroin! She's just tired! Today's big update is that Winehouse and her new husband/partner in debauchery Blake Fielder-Civil took a helicopter from Winehouse's London rehab facility to a nearby hospital, where the singer's brain was scanned because doctors are worried Winehouse may suffer from undiagnosed epilepsy. Winehouse's rep has finally released the following statement, which doesn't clear up what is going on in Winehouse's head, but does confirm that the singer is taking a much-needed break: "Amy Winehouse is putting all her touring commitments for this month on hold until further notice in order to address her health issues. Amy will now not be performing at this weekend's V Festival in Chelmsford and Staffordshire. Her family has requested that the media respect Amy's privacy at this time." Respect her privacy ... sounds familiar. Very familiar.
Amy Winehouse Is Officially Taking a Break, Requests Privacy
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best
- Alice Cooper on His Dinner With David Bowie and Ray Bradbury
- Beyonce's Black Southern 'Formation'
- 25 Musicians 'Feeling the Bern' for Bernie Sanders
- Super Bowl 50 Commercials: The Best and Worst From the Big Game
- Coldplay's Chris Martin Gets Personal: Inside the New Issue
- Dead & Company Announce Summer Tour