For the last week the Web has been awash in Amy Winehouse-related news/gossip. She's collapsed! She's in rehab! She's recuperating at home! She's on heroin! She's just tired! Today's big update is that Winehouse and her new husband/partner in debauchery Blake Fielder-Civil took a helicopter from Winehouse's London rehab facility to a nearby hospital, where the singer's brain was scanned because doctors are worried Winehouse may suffer from undiagnosed epilepsy. Winehouse's rep has finally released the following statement, which doesn't clear up what is going on in Winehouse's head, but does confirm that the singer is taking a much-needed break: "Amy Winehouse is putting all her touring commitments for this month on hold until further notice in order to address her health issues. Amy will now not be performing at this weekend's V Festival in Chelmsford and Staffordshire. Her family has requested that the media respect Amy's privacy at this time." Respect her privacy ... sounds familiar. Very familiar.
Amy Winehouse Is Officially Taking a Break, Requests Privacy
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Guitar WorldThe Beatles' 10 Greatest Guitar Moments
SalonThe 20 Most Underrated Albums Of All Time
Mental Floss11 Famous Actors Who Apologized for Their Own Movies
TestTubeHow Long Should Sex Last?
- Rupert Murdoch Is Deviant Scum
- 50 Greatest Hair Metal Albums of All Time
- The Billion View Club: YouTube's 10 Most Watched Videos
- 5 Reasons Why Neil Young's Current Tour Is One of His Best in Decades
- Inside the Koch Brothers' Toxic Empire
- Hear Pharrell's Sultry Remix of A Tribe Called Quest's 'Bonita Applebum'
- Miley Cyrus, Flaming Lips Plan Naked Concert for Music Video
- Inside Motley Crue's Live Excess: From Roller Coaster Drums to Fire-Spitting Bass