A coroner has ruled that Amy Winehouse died as the unintended result of drinking too much alcohol. According to pathology reports, Winehouse had consumed a "very large quantity of alcohol" and was more than five times over the legal drunk-driving limit in Britain at the time of her death. As a result, her passing has been ruled a "death by misadventure."
Winehouse, who struggled with alcoholism and drug abuse for much of her adult life, was found dead at her home in London on July 23rd. She was 27 years old.
• Amy Winehouse's Death: A Troubled Star Gone Too Soon
• Musicians Respond to Amy Winehouse's Death
• Photos: Amy Winehouse Remembered
• Photos: The Tumultuous Life Of Amy Winehouse
• The Diva and Her Demons: Rolling Stone's 2007 Amy Winehouse Cover Story
• Up All Night With Amy Winehouse: Rolling Stone's 2008 Story
• Video: Behind the Feature: Claire Hoffman on Interviewing Amy Winehouse
• Photos: Not Fade Away: Amy Winehouse and More Rockers Lost Before Their Time