Aerosmith were initially written off as a poor man's Rolling Stones, but the Boston five-piece proved the doubters wrong with an incredible string of hits in the mid-1970s. Hard drugs and infighting lead to the premature death of the original line-up by the end of the decade, and when they reformed in the mid-1980s outside songwriters brought them back to the top of the charts – though with a significantly poppier sound. Here's a look at the best moments from their initial creative burst in the 1970s.
Aerosmith: The Best of the 1970s
Hear songs from the band's debut decade
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked5 Iconic Songs Despised by the People Who Created Them
SalonThe 20 Most Underrated Albums Of All Time
Cracked7 Musicians Whose Trademark Looks Were Hiding Something
Mental Floss15 Famous Songs With Misunderstood Meanings
Cinema Blend20 Misconceptions About Sex
- Brothers Johnson's Louis Johnson, Michael Jackson Bassist, Dead at 60
- Watch Coldplay Adapt 'Game of Thrones' Into Ridiculous Musical
- Dave Matthews on Summer Tour: 'We're Trying Not to Suck'
- Hear Drake and Beyonce Ask 'Can I' on Leaked Song
- Meghan Linsey's Second Act: 'The Voice' Runner-Up on What's Next
- Letterman Fan Details Every Frame in Final Show Montage
- End Game: TV's Best and Worst Series Finales
- Flashback: See Dolly Parton's Heavenly Collaboration on 'Sweetest Gift'