Aerosmith were initially written off as a poor man's Rolling Stones, but the Boston five-piece proved the doubters wrong with an incredible string of hits in the mid-1970s. Hard drugs and infighting lead to the premature death of the original line-up by the end of the decade, and when they reformed in the mid-1980s outside songwriters brought them back to the top of the charts – though with a significantly poppier sound. Here's a look at the best moments from their initial creative burst in the 1970s.
Aerosmith: The Best of the 1970s
Hear songs from the band's debut decade
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mic12 Stunning Pics Offer a Rare View Inside the Lives of Sex Workers
Cracked29 Bizarre True Stories Behind the Most Popular Music Ever
Cinema BlendThe 15 Best Disaster Movies Of All Time
ClickholeThe Greatest Movie Speeches of All Time
Cracked6 Insane Meltdowns by Actors on Set of Their Greatest Movies
MicHere's the Meaning of the Scathing New Pussy Riot Song
- Metallica's Lars Ulrich on New Album: 'We Are F--king in It!'
- Method Man on Secret Wu-Tang Release: 'F--k That Album'
- 5 Takeaways From 'House of Cards' Season Three
- Travis Barker to Tom DeLonge: 'Just Man Up and Quit' Blink-182
- Hear Violent Femmes' First New Song in 15 Years
- Shania Twain Announces Final Tour
- Watch GZA, Tom Morello Bring Hip-Hop Anthem to 'Fallon'
- See Aimee Osbourne Live Out Nightmare in New Video