Adele has canceled all of her remaining tour dates through the end of the year in order to undergo surgery on her vocal chords. Contrary to online rumors, the singer does not have throat cancer, but rather a hemorrhaged vocal chord. Doctors have ordered her to rest her voice and wait until she recovers completely before scheduling new concerts or recording sessions.
Ticket holders for all of Adele's live concerts will receive a refund at the point of purchase. The singer had already scrapped 10 gigs in the United States in October, and the rest of the dates were all in the United Kingdom next month.
• Adele Battles Vocal Issues
• Video: Adele on '21': 'The Songs on Here Are the Most Articulate I've Ever Written'
• Video: Adele Discusses Influences for '21'
• Photos: Choice Excerpts from Adele's Rolling Stone Cover Story
• Adele Opens Up About Her Inspirations, Looks and Stage Fright in Rolling Stone Cover Story
• Breaking: Adele
To read the new issue of Rolling Stone online, plus the entire RS archive: Click Here
CULTURE 14 Gonzo Masterpieces
Picks From Around the Web
blog comments powered by Disqus