For more than 25 years – from the adolescent brilliance of 1986’s Licensed to Ill to last year’s defiantly old-school Hot Sauce Committee Part Two – Adam "MCA" Yauch was the gruff barker in the middle of Beastie Boys' signature give-and-go attack. Yauch, who died this morning at age 47, brought toughness and humanity to every Beasties' album, not to mention killer wit. ("Which came first, the chicken or the egg?/I egged the chicken, and then I ate his leg," he rhymed on 1989's "Egg Man.") Here are 16 of Yauch's finest recorded moments on Spotify.
Adam Yauch's Best Musical Moments
Listen to our playlist of the finest Beastie Boys tracks featuring MCA
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast2015's Most Anticipated Movies
MicThe Best Album of the Year — You Won’t Hear at the Grammys
MicRihanna Just Dropped a New Track With Kanye West
Men's Journal5 Benefits of Dating the Old-Fashioned Way
The Daily BeastAre These the Future Oscar Winners?
- Blink-182's Hoppus, Barker Blast 'Ungrateful, Disingenuous' Tom DeLonge
- Tom DeLonge Leaves Blink-182
- 'American Sniper' Is Almost Too Dumb to Criticize
- Sam Smith on Tom Petty Settlement: 'Similarities' But 'Complete Coincidence'
- Sundance 2015: Intimate 'Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck' Doc Stuns at Premiere
- Hear Dave Grohl's 'Favorite New Drummer' on Sumac's Raging 'Blight's End Angel'
- WWE 'Royal Rumble' Recap: The Philadelphia Phuck You
- Nick Jonas on Partying With Taylor Swift and Becoming a Gay Icon