Today became a huge day for equality when the U.S. Supreme Court struck down the Defense of Marriage Act this morning in a 5-4 decision. The court also ruled in a split decision that opponents of same-sex marriage in California don't have the legal standing to challenge a lower court's decision overturning Proposition 8, a ballot measure banning gay marriage that voters approved in 2008. Actors, musicians and politicians, including Lady Gaga, Ben Affleck, Demi Lovato, Leonardo DiCaprio, New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and President Obama took to Twitter to express their support for the decisions, which represent major victories for gay rights.
Actors and Musicians React to DOMA Strike-Down
Celebrities express support online for Supreme Court decisions
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked24 Horrifying Stories Behind the Scenes of Huge Movies
Cinema BlendThe 20 Best Movies on YouTube
Clickhole5 Absolutely Legendary Celebrity Party Stories
Cracked6 Celebs You Didn't Know Had Ridiculous Music Careers
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
SalonThe Top 10 Oral Sex Movie Scenes
- Scott Walker, God's Gift to the Democratic Party
- Dakota Johnson on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- Alabama Shakes Bring New 'Sound & Color' Tracks to 'SNL'
- Kanye West Reveals New Album Title 'So Help Me God'
- Watch Jimmy Kimmel Call Out Anti-Vaxxers in Scathing Monologue
- Noel Gallagher on Loving 'Seinfeld,' Hating Most Everything Else
- The Killer Inside Kid Rock
- Two Shot at T.I. and Jeezy Concert in North Carolina