The Academy Is... lead singer William Beckett didn't write the song about one girl in particular. "It's a sarcastic song, not incredibly, but, in certain ways, about not wanting someone to know the way that you feel about them," he told Rolling Stone. "It's about having a crush on a girl and not wanting her to know how you feel about her." Beckett said he watched a lot of John Hughes films in preparation for recording the album Fast Times at Barrington High and its first single "About a Girl," which exemplified the album's theme of the "celebration of youth and the importance of the present."
About a Girl
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked24 Horrifying Stories Behind the Scenes of Huge Movies
Cinema BlendThe 20 Best Movies on YouTube
Clickhole5 Absolutely Legendary Celebrity Party Stories
Cracked6 Celebs You Didn't Know Had Ridiculous Music Careers
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
SalonThe Top 10 Oral Sex Movie Scenes
- Scott Walker, God's Gift to the Democratic Party
- President Obama, J.J. Abrams, Zachary Quinto Pay Tribute to Leonard Nimoy
- Watch Jimmy Kimmel Call Out Anti-Vaxxers in Scathing Monologue
- Kanye West Reveals New Album Title 'So Help Me God'
- The Killer Inside Kid Rock
- Is Kentucky Killing College Basketball?
- Madonna on Stage Fall: 'It Was a Horrible Nightmare Because I Like to Be Amazing'
- Noel Gallagher on Loving 'Seinfeld,' Hating Most Everything Else