"81" is the result of Joanna Newsom delving into pop territory and writing a shorter song than her usual ruminative psychedelic folk compositions. "You know, from the beginning, from the very first record, I've always loved great pop music, and I've always held that in my mind as something that would be fun to do, and maybe even something I thought I was doing sometimes, whatever my version of that is," she said. But the singer/keyboard player/harpist admitted she "would do a very bad job if I was really wanting to write a record of pop songs. I don't know if I can approach writing that way."
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast2015's Most Anticipated Movies
MicThe Best Album of the Year — You Won’t Hear at the Grammys
MicRihanna Just Dropped a New Track With Kanye West
Men's Journal5 Benefits of Dating the Old-Fashioned Way
The Daily BeastAre These the Future Oscar Winners?
- Blink-182's Hoppus, Barker Blast 'Ungrateful, Disingenuous' Tom DeLonge
- 'Fantastic Four' Prepare for Future in New Trailer
- Watch Stevie Nicks Perform a Serene, Solo 'Blue Water'
- 'American Sniper' Is Almost Too Dumb to Criticize
- Strippers, Rappers and VR Porn: Welcome to Internext
- 5 Ways the WWE Can Rescue Roman Reigns
- Lance Armstrong Talks Trash in RATM Offshoot Future User's 'Mountain Lion' Video
- Louis C.K. 'Disappoints' on 'Letterman,' Talks 'Deflategate'