There's nothing on Down In The Groove as good as "Brownsville Girl," but "Silvio" – co-written with Grateful Dead lyricist Robert Hunter – is the clear highlight. Dylan likes it so much, he played it live 595 times between 1988 and 2004. In 1998 alone, he performed it 99 times. To put that in perspective, he's played this song live more often than "Forever Young," "I Shall Be Released" or "Knockin' on Heaven's Door." It's not quite worthy of all that attention, but it's definitely worth a listen.
• Bob Dylan on His Dark New Album, 'Tempest'
• Photos: Previously Unseen Bob Dylan Lyrics from 1965
• The 10 Greatest Bob Dylan Songs
• Experts: Bob Dylan's Lost Newport Guitar Found in New Jersey
• 100 Greatest Artists: Bob Dylan
• 100 Greatest Singers: Bob Dylan
blog comments powered by Disqus