'Caribbean Wind' (1981)
No matter how much promise a song shows, if Dylan gets frustrated with something he's written, he tends to chuck it overboard rather than try and fix it. That was the sad fate of "Caribbean Wind." The nearly six-minute epic could have elevated Shot of Love, but he couldn't seem to find the song and he gave up. It was salvaged four years later for his Biograph boxed set. That version certainly sounds done, and he even played it live once in November 1980.
• Bob Dylan on His Dark New Album, 'Tempest'
• Photos: Previously Unseen Bob Dylan Lyrics from 1965
• The 10 Greatest Bob Dylan Songs
• Experts: Bob Dylan's Lost Newport Guitar Found in New Jersey
• 100 Greatest Artists: Bob Dylan
• 100 Greatest Singers: Bob Dylan
blog comments powered by Disqus