The final three performed three song apiece on last night's American Idol: a judge's pick, their own selection, and a track chosen by the show's producers in an attempt to demonstrate each hopeful's commercial viability as the season edges to its conclusion. So what happened? David Archuleta's right hand reached out even more than usual (perhaps he was grasping for his backstage-banned dad?), David Cook brought the big notes (and some Switchfoot love) and the judges told Syesha Mercado she was beautiful but sucked (in almost as many words). Here's what you may have missed, in five quick clips:
5. Archuleta tries to sass it up and dance to a Chris Brown song. We have never missed Danny Noriega more.
4. Syesha Mercado claimed she was going to "work it" with a chair during "Fever." Somewhere Missy Elliott is shaking her head with disappointment.
3. David Cook hits the Biggest. Note. Ever. with the help of Grand Canyon-worthy echo effects. And the cougars rejoice.
2. David Archuleta's hometown rep = Mayor McCheese meets Yosemite Sam.
1. Ryan Seacrest, what the hell are you thinking?: a montage of buffoonery.