Last week, inspired by the upcoming American Idiot musical, we asked our readers to tell us what classic albums they'd like to see get the Broadway treatment. We've tallied the votes, and Pink Floyd's The Wall is the LP you think would best make the jump to the stage, thanks in part because it made such a great film. As the Rock List shows, concept albums and albums that became films got the majority of the votes. Our favorite vote-getter? Guns n' Roses' Appetite for Destruction, which would probably be an awesome musical. Like Rent on heroin.
1. Pink Floyd - The Wall
2. Radiohead - OK Computer
3. David Bowie - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust & The Spiders From Mars
4. Prince - Purple Rain
5. Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway
6. The Beatles - Help!
7. Guns n' Roses - Appetite For Destruction
8. Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run
9. Depeche Mode - Violator
10. Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Tarkus